baumer

Harry Potter dominated the box office for a decade, there will never be another series like it.

Girlfriend and I skipped Stone (we've both seen it too many times already) and went straight to Chamber of Secrets. We're 64 minutes in and GOD WHY IS THERE ANOTHER HOUR AND A HALF LEFT?

But it's Branagh's opus.

• Like 2

They made tons of profit. There's no good reason to think otherwise (and if you post THAT article, you'll hear an earful from me).Though yes, always on to the next one. Such is how public companies work. Money made in prior years means nothing to stockholders.

What article?

• Like 1

What article?

There's a report that shows WB LOSING money from GOF or one of the other mega grossing films in the series.

• Like 2

There's a report that shows WB LOSING money from GOF or one of the other mega grossing films in the series.

. That is called creative accounting and it is very complex why and how they do it. Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1

Girlfriend and I skipped Stone (we've both seen it too many times already) and went straight to Chamber of Secrets. We're 64 minutes in and GOD WHY IS THERE ANOTHER HOUR AND A HALF LEFT?

You fucking deserve it. The both of you. Why watch Secrets?!

I didn't like that point.

The message of the story is that you don't need to have an abnormal amount of talent or superpower to change the world. Harry was talented, no doubt, but he is an ordinary guy. Again, Stephen King said it best about the main theme of the series: "the power of love to turn bewildered, often frightened, children into responsible and decent adults."
  • Like 2

ddddeeee...I think my views on DH1/DH2 are identical to yours.I think everything up until after Narcissa's moment is completely brilliant. The last 20 mins are rather shaky sometimes, but I do love the scene at the end with the trio on the bridge. DH1 is just perfection. It is the one that keeps getting better with repeat viewings.

• Like 2

I think COS is enjoyable apart from the horrible ending scene

Dear lord what a horrid scene indeed. Anyways on the whole SS and COS are extremely even films. Have no idea why someone would love one and hate the other. Makes zero sense. Anyways, I feel the film series on the whole just blends too much together. It's because of the books I remember each one individually. If it were up to the films it would just kinda be a big blur of a 10 year 8 film series.

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 1

ddddeeee...I think my views on DH1/DH2 are identical to yours.I think everything up until after Narcissa's moment is completely brilliant. The last 20 mins are rather shaky sometimes, but I do love the scene at the end with the trio on the bridge.DH1 is just perfection. It is the one that keeps getting better with repeat viewings.

I loved DH1 immensely because of two things.  First, the tone of this movie is intense...you can feel the bleakness and isolation right in your bones as Harry and Hermione struggle to find the Horcruxes.  And secondly, as a dedicated H/Herm shipper, this movie was like a dream come true.  lol.  This movie singlehandedly launched a thousand fanmade music videos on youtube.  

Overall i didn't much care for the movies though.  I think Daniel is a terrible actor with zero onscreen presence/charisma.  The only time he shines is when he interacts with Emma for some reason.  I've read that Yates and the screenwriter are both huge H/Herm fans and you can totally see that in the way the movies emphasize their relationship..  Rupert and Emma are much much better overall, but when they are together, they look totally stiff and uncomfortable.  And for me, these movies should be about all the crazy emotions that you feel as a child forced to grow up, and the directors/actors/writers did a terrible job in having those emotional moments hit home.  Maybe it's a British thing?

. That is called creative accounting and it is very complex why and how they do it.

Argh! it doesn't say they lost money at all, if you know what it means. And it's not really creative accounting at all, that's about the most standard backend deal in Hollywood.