#ED

Monday Actuals: Apes - 8.2M (Please keep the thread SFW!) | Actuals on p1 and p35

Speaking of derailment. Maybe we should just not create daily number threads based on Rth's early numbers. Just saying, Rth provides early numbers at 11:30pm at night, the official studio numbers come in at around 2:30pm the next day, that is 15 hours with a thread where we get no new information apart from early estimates from Rth which naturally leads to extreme derailments.

This is the real problem... both in the morning and in the evening.

People are filling time waiting for numbers and this thread becomes the water cooler.

The evening thread usually doesn't create too many problems because the derailments would occur up until Rth posted the numbers then the numbers went into a new thread for BO discussion.

But this summer the numbers are just not very exciting so that thread quickly derails until we get actual.  

So the fault is Hollywood for not making any truly great movies this summer.

Lol

You can say that to people who don't stop targeting me. You'll find plenty of such posts on this thread.

Hey, it's done lets go back to whatever else other than this.

• Like 1

Lol

You can say that to people who don't stop targeting me. You'll find plenty of such posts on this thread.

I've been here all the time. I've seen everything. I was just suggesting you take the high road.  But if you want to keep going with it I won't stop you.

• Like 1

With Mal, Fast 7 and JA in this month, Dragon 2 might have had to sustain three straight weeks of losing half its theaters like KFP2 did. (Remember, first Cars 2 hit it, then Paramount took away half its locations for TF3, then it lost half of those against Horrible Bosses/Zookeeper, then half AGAIN against Deathly Hallows 2.)Planes 2 will hit Dragon, and it will lose theaters, but I can't see it bleeding them AS fast as KFP2 (or like Monsters University did when Turbo and then Smurfs 2 dropped). Even with the August pile-up.

Edited by TServo2049

People are filling time waiting for numbers and this thread becomes the water cooler.

The evening thread usually doesn't create too many problems because the derailments would occur up until Rth posted the numbers then the numbers went into a new thread for BO discussion.

But this summer the numbers are just not very exciting so that thread quickly derails until we get actual.  

Yes, they did.

Best part of summer is constantly seeing nice numbers on weekdays. 8.2 is pretty nice for apes.

I was wondering if Apes would suffer during the week.   I wonder if the more "thoughtful" and "slow pace" might not appeal to teens as much as adults.

I tried to watch the '68 version, but it's some dated, stodgy shit.

It's worth it for Linda Harrison alone imo.   :D

I think it is more that the forum users are not truly attached to any of the movies. For example, with Marvel, DC, Star Wars, LOTR, THG etc. there are a large number of users who either like or hate the movies leading to the weekend and weekday threads being filled with people who will discuss the movie. This summer has just not had a large group of users pulling for a movie (apart from maybe Maleficent and Dragon 2). Most movies this summer season seem like "Well, here is another movie that can be watched" instead of "I NEED to watch this movie". The lack of investment by users leads to lack of good discussions around the movies. 

The only movie I have actively been pulling for this summer has been "Edge of Tomorrow", I loved DOFP but DOFP did well and has almost completed its run. I'm hoping EOT gets to 100M, but it looks like it may end up slightly short.