keysersoze123

FOX/WB Merger

The offer was rebuffed, so it isn't happening. But reading some of the responses here to the story is pretty hilarious. Now, I kinda want Fox to buy Time Warner for the meltdowns.

Even better would be Disney buying Time Warner.

Yep, just imagine TDKR one-liner version...

• Like 3

Uh. Please no. WB is probably the best of the big six studios marketing wise and also the best when it comes to the range of movies it promotes. With a few notable exceptions, Fox is a mess.

Meh, this summer Fox has been on its A-game

• Like 1

The offer was rebuffed, so it isn't happening. But reading some of the responses here to the story is pretty hilarious. Now, I kinda want Fox to buy Time Warner for the meltdowns.

Even better would be Disney buying Time Warner.

They could still come back.  It's probably not over.

• Like 1

The offer was rebuffed, so it isn't happening. But reading some of the responses here to the story is pretty hilarious. Now, I kinda want Fox to buy Time Warner for the meltdowns.Even better would be Disney buying Time Warner.

There's nothing great about one company having such a monopoly over the media and content business. These mergers will reduce competition and result in more expensive and inferior content. Saying you want that to happen just for the meltdowns is an idiotic thing to say frankly. Murdoch has had far too much power over the media as it is, especially in Australia where he uses his media empire to brainwash huge segments of the population to influence and win elections so that his right wing puppets will do whatever he likes. He's done an enormous amount of damage to this country. Edited by Magic
  • Like 8

There's nothing great about one company having such a monopoly over the media and content business. These mergers will reduce competition and result in more expensive and inferior content. Saying you want that to happen just for the meltdowns is an idiotic thing to say frankly.

Well said. :)

• Like 3

Even if you leave out the Murdoch's political influence, taking over HBO would be a disaster. In an age of generic tentpoles and mediocre movies, HBO has been the bright light, delivering intelligent creative content for adults. Their catalogue of shows, especially over the last 15 years, towers over any other channel. They are responsible for the fact that TV dramas are as good as they are now. In Murdoch's hands I fear their content will go south, just like The Wall Street Journal did, after Murdoch got his hands on it.

• Like 5

With these deals the companies never stay as they are in the current form.

Due to regulations and synergy I would imagine many of the smaller companies would close or be combined or sold off.

The worst outcome is if the company is bought and sold piece meal. 

There's nothing great about one company having such a monopoly over the media and content business. These mergers will reduce competition and result in more expensive and inferior content. Saying you want that to happen just for the meltdowns is an idiotic thing to say frankly.Murdoch has had far too much power over the media as it is, especially in Australia where he uses his media empire to brainwash huge segments of the population to influence and win elections so that his right wing puppets will do whatever he likes. He's done an enormous amount of damage to this country.

You are right if you were talking about America, but in Australia its more like the opposition did all the work for the "evil Conservatives" to gain power... so cut the drama... 

Edited by Lordmandeep

Even if you leave out the Murdoch's political influence, taking over HBO would be a disaster. In an age of generic tentpoles and mediocre movies, HBO has been the bright light, delivering intelligent creative content for adults. Their catalogue of shows, especially over the last 15 years, towers over any other channel. They are responsible for the fact that TV dramas are as good as they are now. In Murdoch's hands I fear their content will go south, just like The Wall Street Journal did, after Murdoch got his hands on it.

Well,it's only your opinion.I mean,outside Game of Thrones I'm not impressed by HBO that much,I have much more fun watching Arrow or Supernatural than most of these 'adult' shows.By the way,all the sex scenes in Game of Thrones,particularly with the whores in season 1 act like a deterrent,these sex scenes are perfectly useless. Edited by Fullbuster

Well,it's only your opinion.I mean,outside Game of Thrones I'm not impressed by HBO that much,I have much more fun watching Arrow or Supernatural than most of these 'adult' shows.By the way,all the sex scenes in Game of Thrones,particularly with the whores in season 1 act like a deterrent,these sex scenes are perfectly useless.

Well, HBO and CW are the best Tv programs.

And I don't have much knowledge of this, but is Fox really a bigger brand/trust than Time Warner?

Quote from wikipedia:

It is the world's third largest broadcasting and cable company in terms of revenue (behind The Walt Disney Company and Comcast, respectively), as well as the world's largest mediaconglomerate.

The current Time Warner company consists of the assets of the original company formed after Warner Communications andTime, Inc. merged, along with the assets of Turner Broadcasting that were acquired via the companies' 1996 merger. Time Warner has major operations in filmtelevision, and publishing. Among its subsidiaries are New Line CinemaHBOTurner Broadcasting SystemThe CW Television NetworkWarner Bros.Kids' WBCartoon NetworkBoomerangAdult SwimCNN,DC ComicsWarner Bros. AnimationCartoon Network StudiosHanna-Barbera, and Castle Rock Entertainment.

I love The CW,particularly these last few years,and they never cease to improve.But some people still see it like a teen network and hate it,they need time to understand these changes.For Fox and TW they have a similar size,with a turnover around $30B for each of them,and TW has CNN but Fox has Fox News.

There's nothing great about one company having such a monopoly over the media and content business. These mergers will reduce competition and result in more expensive and inferior content. Saying you want that to happen just for the meltdowns is an idiotic thing to say frankly.Murdoch has had far too much power over the media as it is, especially in Australia where he uses his media empire to brainwash huge segments of the population to influence and win elections so that his right wing puppets will do whatever he likes. He's done an enormous amount of damage to this country.

I find this whole post to be reactionary and ridiculous. Now, I want the merger to happen even more, so that I can have more entertaining meltdowns like this.

Edited by Walt Disney
  • Like 2

I find this whole post to be reactionary and ridiculous. Now, I want the merger to happen even more, so that I can have more entertaining meltdowns like this.

Posted Image

Speaking of, why don't these forums have a dislike button?

• Like 1