CJohn

Weekend Estimates: The Purge 28.3M | Apes 36M | Sex Tape 15M | Planes 18M | Godzilla 470k +91% 198.9m!!! | More Numbers on Page 1

Unfortunately no, we are still stuck in July. 

I know, i just meant it as a joke because picores has the final grosses for those movies already.  :)

• Like 1

I know, i just meant it as a joke because picores has the final grosses for those movies already.   :)

I thought you said that because July is being atrocious when it comes to box office. :lol:

EDIT: Btw, my signature looks hilarious right now. I predicted all 3 so wrong :lol: 

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 1

That shit will have an over 5.0 multiplier in this goddamn country. How and whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

Portugal's been doing the Lords Work in support of Mal, 

You should be so proud of your country :D  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:

• Like 2

Fire and Rescue is a spin-off from another spin-off from a film that's already not considered great. Even the family crowd aren't that desperate.

It should make a fortune on DVD and Blu-Ray though.

Lol NF

I was the only box office analyst who had #1 and #2 correct last night. Universal/Blumhouse Production’s sequel The Purge: Anarchy ,releasing into 2,806 theaters, took a big late night jump to put it up to $12.9M Friday. That may be enough to stay #1 this weekend with an expected $32.5M (but Universal is still expected a lower $27.4M which puts it #2)"

Wasn't the only one who got #1 and #2 on Friday.

Actually is the only one who has #1 and #2 wrong for the weekend.

Edited by a2k
  • Like 1

Lol NF

I was the only box office analyst who had #1 and #2 correct last night. Universal/Blumhouse Production’s sequel The Purge: Anarchy ,releasing into 2,806 theaters, took a big late night jump to put it up to $12.9M Friday. That may be enough to stay #1 this weekend with an expected $32.5M (but Universal is still expected a lower $27.4M which puts it #2)"

Wasn't the only one who got #1 and #2 on Friday.

Actually is the only one who has #1 and #2 wrong for the weekend.

Posted Image

Guess I must have missed the memo where a July 4th OW weekend of 21 million and a final total of 75-80 million domestic is a big success considering her last comedy went 34/130 domestic.

Seeing how bad Tammy is supposed to be, it's quite an achievement, I'd say.

+ It's one hell of an under performing summer.

Edited by ChD
  • Like 1

Guess I must have missed the memo where a July 4th OW weekend of 21 million and a final total of 75-80 million domestic is a big success considering her last comedy went 34/130 domestic.

No, there was no memo.  It just shows that you suffer from a classic case of myopia and that you haven't quite grasped the nuances of box office.  It's okay young grasshopper, you'll get it one day.

• Like 3

No, there was no memo. It just shows that you suffer from a classic case of myopia and that you haven't quite grasped the nuances of box office. It's okay young grasshopper, you'll get it one day.

I doubt it - he puts too much emotion and hate into his predictions.
  • Like 2

I still have zero clue as to why Maleficent is holding so well. The WOM is nothing special, and the reviews are VERY mixed. To me, it was a good/decent movie. The end.It's not even the only "family film" out there. How to Train Your Dragon 2 is getting significantly better reception, yet here's Maleficent doing significantly better at the box office. This summer had no rules.With that said, good numbers for both Purge and Apes. Apes should still win the weekend though, which makes me happy.

It's going to be 70m+ by this weekend (is at 66m with a 2.26m Friday). So not gonna end at 75-80m.

Edited by a2k