CJohn

Weekend Estimates: The Purge 28.3M | Apes 36M | Sex Tape 15M | Planes 18M | Godzilla 470k +91% 198.9m!!! | More Numbers on Page 1

Teens are like 14% of the population.

I really wanted to ask you smth: what demographic represents the majority of moviegoers in US? Here, from what I see everytime I go to movies, 80% or more are teenagers or people under 25.

• Community Manager

I think because he is 15 most friends have seen his movies since they are too young. When gets older him and his friends will know who he is. 

Yeah, Scorcese's only real foray into family entertainment was Hugo and I can't imagine that was a big hit with teens.

Also Hugo was amazing.

• Like 2

I really wanted to ask you smth: what demographic represents the majority of moviegoers in US? Here, from what I see everytime I go to movies, 80% or more are teenagers or people under 25.

Depends on the movie. Young adults do tend to drive the monster hits

• Like 1

The funny thing about teenagers is that they don't understand that adults know more than they do.

It's so true. When I was a teenager you couldn't tell me shit.

And that's something that can't be helped. That revelation won't come until well into adulthood.

• Like 2

In Portugal is the reverse. Most people that go to the movies are adults (or families). That is why The Wolf of Wall Street is the 2nd biggest movie of year here so far (number 1 is Rio 2, number 3 is 12 Years a Slave, numbers 4 and 5 are Maleficent and Noah, respectively). 

• Like 1

In Portugal is the reverse. Most people that go to the movies are adults (or families). That is why The Wolf of Wall Street is the 2nd biggest movie of year here so far (number 1 is Rio 2, number 3 is 12 Years a Slave, numbers 4 and 5 are Maleficent and Noah, respectively). 

But The Wolf of Wall Street wasnt considered an "adult" movie here. It's one of the top grossers this year. I saw it twice and it was full of teenagers.

Edited by James

But The Wolf of Wall Street wasnt consedered an "adult" movie here. It's one of the top grossers this year. I saw it twice and it was full of teenagers.

Not here. Adults were the main force for it. When I saw it, I was one of the younger people in the theater. 

• Like 1

• Community Manager

There's a report!

The most valuable Demographic is 11-13 Hispanic boys. Random, I know.

• Like 5

It's so true. When I was a teenager you couldn't tell me shit.

And that's something that can't be helped. That revelation won't come until well into adulthood.

When I was a teen I always listen to adults and respected there opinions.  I always thought teens were dumb. I knew I did not shit about anything.  Plus I was heard when "I was teen I thought I knew everything but when I grew older I found who wrong I was."

• Community Manager

When I was a teen I always listen to adults and respected there opinions.  I always thought teens were dumb. I knew I did not shit about anything.  Plus I was heard when "I was teen I thought I knew everything but when I grew older I found who wrong I was."

You were never a teen then.

• Like 1

More adults over the age of 50 might come out to the movies more often if the movie industry decided to have some main characters/protagonists who were over 50 years old.  Looking at the 80 or so mainstream movies released this year, the protagonist is over 50 years old in only about 5 of them.  Your typical movie protagonist skews way too male, too young, and too White.  Old people be damned, women be damned, and minorities be damned.

I don't know the demographic make-up of users on this forum, but I would bet that many of us are interested in the movies/movie industry because most of us are White males under the age of 40.  

Edited by Ando81
  • Like 4

No kidding: when I was at the movies a while ago I saw one of the marketing displays for Sex Tape and someone had written "Too Old" on Cammy D's legs. That's probably funnier than the movie itself.

Original.