CJohn

Weekend Estimates: The Purge 28.3M | Apes 36M | Sex Tape 15M | Planes 18M | Godzilla 470k +91% 198.9m!!! | More Numbers on Page 1

I despise Maleficent and it clearly has better reception than Dragon.  It will have a better multiplier and it is dropping minisculely every week.....if that isn't the best barometer for how much people are liking it then what is?

Speaking of which, you seen Dragon yet?

BO.com estimates P&A as part of the budget, and they have the total as 50m. But you can't really count P&A without taking other revenue streams in account. It's going to end up being a really profitable movie.

I would have guessed a bit more than 50M for the total budget, though even taking that number, that generally means it needs to hit 100M ww to break even. But take a look at the overseas number, it's barely making a dent. Identity Thief only made 39M overseas, and Tammy might not even hit 20.

I'd say George Lucas is a more famous name than Cameron, Bay, or Nolan.

It really depends. It's a generationl thing I guess.  lot of people I know know who Bay is. The same goes for Cameron. Nolan it's not that well known and Lucas... well, he's kinda never brought up so if someone really knows who he is, I wouldnt know anyway. 

Are you a Nolanite?

I have enjoyed many of his movies. But I wouldn't say I'm a "nolanite" lol. For example. I don't get excited for everyone of his movies just bc he is directing. I'm not personally excited for interstellar this fall. Could my opinion change? Sure. But what I have seen so far has not got me salivating at the lips for more. I hope my opinion changes when more facts come out about the movie
  • Like 1

• Community Manager

Most people don't know who he is

You're what, 15 years old? Maybe your generation doesn't know who he is but I can tell you the mass majority of the baby boomer generation down to my generation knows who he is. That's MOST people.

• Like 11

I would have guessed a bit more than 50M for the total budget, though even taking that number, that generally means it needs to hit 100M ww to break even. But take a look at the overseas number, it's barely making a dent. Identity Thief only made 39M overseas, and Tammy might not even hit 20.

Even taking that into account, it's going to cover production+marketing budgets from theatrical revenue alone, and broad comedies like this always do well on HV, TV, etc. Like I said, it's going to be really profitable.
  • Like 1

It really depends. It's a generationl thing I guess.  lot of people I know know who Bay is. The same goes for Cameron. Nolan it's not that well known and Lucas... well, he's kinda never brought up so if someone really knows who he is, I wouldnt know anyway.

Nolan is the best known director at least by teens he is.

I have enjoyed many of his movies. But I wouldn't say I'm a "nolanite" lol.For example. I don't get excited for everyone of his movies just bc he is directing. I'm not personally excited for interstellar this fall. Could my opinion change? Sure. But what I have seen so far has not got me salivating at the lips for more. I hope my opinion changes when more facts come out about the movie

LOL Just checking. :D

• Like 1

Around me (young adults) people only know Christopher Nolan, Steven Spielberg and Michael Bay.

James Cameron and Martin Scorsese are huge with adults, tho. 

• Like 1

You're what, 15 years old? Maybe your generation doesn't know who he is but I can tell you the mass majority of the baby boomer generation down to my generation knows who he is. That's MOST people.

You're point makes sense.
  • Like 1

Nolan is the best known director at least by teens he is.

What teens you talk to? Teens that I know, when asked who they think is the most famous director, and they all say Quentin Tarantino.

Edited by Warhorse
  • Like 1

I think because he is 15 most friends have seen his movies since they are too young. When gets older him and his friends will know who he is.