CJohn

Monday Numbers (Spatula): Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - 4.2M | The Purge Anarchy - 3.4M

I just realized something but Apes well over 100 million how many films does Gary Oldman have over that number.  It's seems like it's at least 10-12.  The three Batman, four(Potter's) Air Force One, Apes, and likely some voice work he did.

• Like 1

I just realized something but Apes well over 100 million how many films does Gary Oldman have over that number.  It's seems like it's at least 10-12.  The three Batman, four(Potter's) Air Force One, Apes, and likely some voice work he did.

He has 11 films in total that are over 100m dom.

Edited by Pokearcher
  • Like 1

Too bad that they're only "work".

Most of his filmography consists of "work". In fact I'm sure some actors would love the parts that Oldman has gotten.

That being said he obviously did a film like The Dark Knight for more than just the money.

• Like 1

Most of his filmography consists of "work". In fact I'm sure some actors would love the parts that Oldman has gotten.

That being said he obviously did a film like The Dark Knight for more than just the money.

Well, I was just quoting him. I'm actually still a big fan of Oldman and he's one of my favorite actors. But I agree with you that his filmography is amazing.

• Like 2

Well, I was just quoting him. I'm actually still a big fan of Oldman and he's one of my favorite actors. But I agree with you that his filmography is amazing.

It's amazing but like anyone has a few real stinkers in there.

Edited by Pokearcher
  • Like 1

Even Spielberg had a stinker in JPII, so there's that. Nolan could be an exception though. Depending on who you ask, TDKR is viewed as a stinker. 

To me it isn't, but even I can acknowledge that Nolan could really "slump it" one of these days.

• Like 1

I don't see Guardians making less than $600m world wide. Seems like a pitch perfect marketing campaign and an amazing release date especially in the midst of what many consider a disappointing summer season. I see it hitting $200m domestically as well.

• Like 1

To me it isn't, but even I can acknowledge that Nolan could really "slump it" one of these days.

I think it's virtually impossible for him not to have a miss at some point. For all we know, Interstellar could be crap (not really, but I suppose you understand my point). 

• Like 1

I think it's virtually impossible for him not to have a miss at some point. For all we know, Interstellar could be crap (not really, but I suppose you understand my point). 

Possibly, but it's really all subjective.

For all we know he could never have a real "miss".

Another example, arguably PTA has never made a bad movie, and from the looks of things Inherent Vice won't change that.

Edited by Pokearcher
  • Like 1

Apes should be doing better weekdays in the summer. 

btw did anyone else notice BOM updated the ticket price for 2014 to $8.15 (a whopping 0.2% increase from 2013)

I know they switched to semi-yearly updates a year or two back, but I just wish they were more transparent about it. For instance, all the movies from June & July 2012 get a significantly higher adjustment than movies from the rest of the year which barely get anything.

• Like 1

That is actually how a more family friendly film would play. Adult skewing films would have the stronger weekdays.

what do you mean? Kids are the ones that are free all day while adults still go to work. So therefore adult targeted films should have weaker weekdays but strong weekends during the summer. 

• Like 3

btw did anyone else notice BOM updated the ticket price for 2014 to $8.15 (a whopping 0.2% increase from 2013)I know they switched to semi-yearly updates a year or two back, but I just wish they were more transparent about it. For instance, all the movies from June & July 2012 get a significantly higher adjustment than movies from the rest of the year which barely get anything.

BOM's ticket price for the current year is based on the average of the quarters that have already passed. The Q2 average was released (down 5 cents from Q2 of '13), and the average of Q1 and Q2 is $8.15.Since (I think) Q3 or Q4 of 2009, BOM adjusts a film based on (at least it seems to me) the average ticket price of the quarter in which it was released. That means that, for example, everything from April-June is currently deflated since the Q1+Q2 average of $8.15 is lower than the Q2 average of $8.33. (In fact, Q2 and Q4 released are always deflated because those quarters always have higher average prices than those of the entire year.)I don't get this system. Edited by TServo2049
  • Like 1