CJohn

Monday Numbers (Spatula): Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - 4.2M | The Purge Anarchy - 3.4M

BOM's ticket price for the current year is based on the average of the quarters that have already passed. The Q2 average was released (down 5 cents from Q2 of '13), and the average of Q1 and Q2 is $8.15.Since (I think) Q3 or Q4 of 2009, BOM adjusts a film based on (at least it seems to me) the average ticket price of the quarter in which it was released. That means that, for example, everything from April-June is currently deflated since the Q1+Q2 average of $8.15 is lower than the Q2 average of $8.33. (In fact, Q2 and Q4 released are always deflated because those quarters always have higher average prices than those of the entire year.)I don't get this system.

It really doesn't make any sense, most other places that track quarterly things have a weighting system so they can see the true change. 

• Like 1

neither are great films but the acting of its leads and the final 15 minutes  puts TASM 2 above Godzilla IMO

No, final 15 mins makes Godzilla at least watchable while TASM2 ends with clusterfuck CGI.  

• Like 2

I like Nutella sometimes, but can't eat it too often. I'm more of a sausage guy.

Random bump of the day, but at my church on Friday, the pastor randomly opened up his sermon with talking how much he loves Nutella and then passing it out to the audience...

• Like 1

Possibly, but it's really all subjective.

For all we know he could never have a real "miss".

Another example, arguably PTA has never made a bad movie, and from the looks of things Inherent Vice won't change that.

And since I've already bumped the thread...

You know who else has never made a bad movie?

LORD MILLER

neither are great films but the acting of its leads and the final 15 minutes puts TASM 2 above Godzilla IMO

The final 15 minutes of Tasm2?? What was so special about that, the final 15 minutes of Godzilla were much stronger (in fact its last act was phenomenal and some of the best film this year).Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone are the only highlights of tasm2, the script is abysmal, the visual effects (for a film that is mostly big scale action) and cgi are lackluster, and you feel no heartbreak with the cluttered ending.Godzilla is by far the better movie.