Olive

Weekend Numbers...pg 29 (Lucy 44M, Herc 29...big drops for most holdovers)

I guess Lucy earns the title of most underestimated film of the summer thus far. Really impressive. Even with a brutal cinema score it only needs x2.2 to get past the century mark, which should be easily done.

Is it possible this weekend actually matches same last year after the over performance of the two openers? It was estimated to be off -13% but that was before Lucy and Herc came in ahead of the projections.

Sex Tape drops -62% and looks poised to snag biggest comedy flop from Blended and AMWTDITW!

Problem with a Black Widow movie is that it will be the 5th or 6th appearance of Black Widow in an MCU movie. The novelty factor, even if its a solo movie unlike others, will be gone and probably in a small way BW fatigue would set in.

I guess Lucy earns the title of most underestimated film of the summer thus far. Really impressive. Even with a brutal cinema score it only needs x2.2 to get past the century mark, which should be easily done.Is it possible this weekend actually matches same last year after the over performance of the two openers? It was estimated to be off -13% but that was before Lucy and Herc came in ahead of the projections.Sex Tape drops -62% and looks poised to snag biggest comedy flop from Blended and AMWTDITW!

You think Let's Be Cops will do well?

Poor Dragon still can't beat 22 Jump in a weekend....now 7 weekends straight.  I figured by the 3rd or 4th weekend Dragon would finish ahead of it in the weekend numbers.  At least it can celebrate somewhat when it wins The Oscar for best animated movie.

Poor Dragon still can't beat 22 Jump in a weekend....now 7 weekends straight.  I figured by the 3rd or 4th weekend Dragon would finish ahead of it in the weekend numbers.  At least it can celebrate somewhat when it wins The Oscar for best animated movie.

It won't win. It's a sequel. It did awful at the box office.

Lego Movie will take it unless Big Hero 6 or Boxtrolls are any good.

• Like 1

no that will be The Lego Movie

• Like 1

my observation about apes is that most of the people i know they have seen it like it but didn't love it. They said it was good they recommend it but they said it was not quite as good as the original. I don't think the word of mouth on it is quite as good as some of the faction at this site willlead u to believe. As for supposed bad movies winning the summer you know how i feel about transformers and the dame. I hated 1 and like the other one just fine. But it's not one person that decides what a good movie is....it's the masses they decide what is entertaining and what isn't.

• Like 4

Bizarre how last year was all about how name alone can no longer carry a film after Will Smith, Johnny Depp and Matt Damon all had bombs.

This summer seems to have returned to star names carrying the films as Jolie, Cruise, and no possibly Scarjo and Rock get some of the strongest respective performances of the summer.

• Like 1

Problem with a Black Widow movie is that it will be the 5th or 6th appearance of Black Widow in an MCU movie. The novelty factor, even if its a solo movie unlike others, will be gone and probably in a small way BW fatigue would set in.

Sorry but disagree with all of this. If Scarlett can pull of a good run for Lucy then there will be no problem with a BW movie even after appearances in multiple MCU films. She's built up a pretty decent fanbase based on these Marvel movies. People will watch her in a Black Widow movie. Her character is more popular than ever now after Cap 2. As long as the budget stays in check it could do well.

• Like 1

It won't win. It's a sequel. It did awful at the box office. Lego Movie will take it unless Big Hero 6 or Boxtrolls are any good.

Dragon's box office was disappointing compared to what it's expectations were, but I wouldn't call it awful
  • Like 1