Olive

Weekend Numbers...pg 29 (Lucy 44M, Herc 29...big drops for most holdovers)

Good numbers for both Lucy and Herc. Hopefully both crack 30M this weekend. Looking on Twitter and Reddit, word of mouth for Herc seems to be better than for Lucy. Reddit is basically tearing the movie apart for whatever reason.

Ew, no. ScarJo never looks convincing holding a gun, let alone kicking ass. Angie, as skinny as she is, totally committs to her action scenes, and acts the heck out of them. Look at the intensity in Jolie's eyes when she is fighting or jumping or shooting in her action films. Now look at Scarjo and her pathetic attempts at playing dress up and pretending that she can actually hurt you. Nah. Scarjo is definitely not Angie's heir apparent as the next big action heroine.

Scarjo was more than convincing in CATWS.

I'm really surprised with Hercules, I thought it was going to outright bomb. That Friday number is almost as much as I had for its weekend.Props to The Rock.Speaking of rocks, both of these movies will drop like them after Guardians opens next week.

Edited by The Panda

Atm going with

Lucy 13-15,Herc 9-11.5,Apes 4-5,PA 3-4,Pla2 2-3

Great numbers for Lucy, very good for Herc (though with the budget it'll need OS #s to be much bigger) and a bigger drop for Apes2 than I expected especially if it hit's mid 4s or less.

Edited by TalismanRing

Why is DUFE losing so many theaters? It's basically disappeared after 3 weeks.

Because it's #s have been horrible and more than any other film currently in wide release theaters can't wait to replace it with anything else.  And unlike with LEGO they don't sell a ton of concessions with it.

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 1