Olive

Weekend Numbers: GOTG - 94M (PG 180) [25.5M Sunday (Spatula) Cancel the Godzilla legs!]

Guardians' number is just what this forum needed to bring the life back. Imagine if the number was $3.5M or something. And then if Turtles breaks out next week...Bring it on, August. All or nothing.

• Like 2

Guardians' number is just what this forum needed to bring the life back. Imagine if the number was $3.5M or something. And then if Turtles breaks out next week...Bring it on, August. All or nothing.

Forum hasn't been this live since the TASM 2 RT weekend.
  • Like 3

Also, doesn't Nikki usually go low for anything Disney?  She did that last year for Frozen and also has the quote that will live in infamy, "Not a record."

I think Disney is on her shit list. Wonder why.

• Like 1

Never underestimate the power of Vin Diesel's voice and a violent gun-toting cute fluffy animalNever underestimate the power of Vin Diesel's voice and a violent gun-toting cute fluffy animalNever underestimate the power of Vin Diesel's voice and a violent gun-toting cute fluffy animal.......Amazing start

FTFY :P

• Like 1

Could we see a 50m?

If it has Avengers-level of casual walkup ticket sales later tonight, then probably. 125-130 million is likely with that number though if MoS got 116 million from a 44 million OD in June. And $400 million would become a legitimate possibility (450 million too). Not trying to go crazy, so I'd say a $50 million opening day is doubtful but I've seen crazier box office stories (Blind Side, Frozen, Avatar, Avengers, Gravity, Inception, Finding Nemo, POTC 1, Iron Man, Hangover 1, Wedding Crashers, Passion of the Christ, Shrek 2, Austin Powers 2, Fahrenheit 9/11)