Olive

Weekend Numbers: GOTG - 94M (PG 180) [25.5M Sunday (Spatula) Cancel the Godzilla legs!]

That would be twice as large as the biggest saturday decrease experienced by a MCU film. Is that good enough reason for you?

11.2M leading into 36M is also showing that it's more frontloaded than recent MCU movies. Is that logical reason for you?

I'm trying to find an example to compare but nothing really comes to mind when we start talking increasing without previews(July/August).

We haven't had a comparably large opener in July/August that had the "previews" (since they're a post-2012 construct). Only opener over 80 was DM2 which opened mid-week

11.2M leading into 36M is also showing that it's more frontloaded than recent MCU movies. Is that logical reason for you?

If it gets to RTH middle range it will be on par with CA2. I'am extremely confident this will cater well to families and Saturday should be good.

• Like 1

And so everyone is forced to come back down to Earth.The important thing to remember is that these are still incredible numbers.

This has been the story of 2014.

Edited by ECSTASY
  • Like 2

And so everyone is forced to come back down to Earth. The important thing to remember is that these are still incredible numbers.

Not exactly down to Earth. Anything above 80M is still a breakout.

i'm worried i'll run out of likes before i make it to the last page , started reading an hour ago  (on page 18 now)

damn i don't think i'll be able to contain myself, i might have to ask a benevolent family member to buy me a ticket to go see the film

this weekend ....

until i see it , i'll be unconsolable  :(

Posted Image         Posted Image

and with all the crazy buzz and the weekend thread promising to be a fun ride !

If I had to take a huge guess, and eXtacy is right... GOTG should hit RTH's high end and stay on par with the rest of the MCU movies.With an 11.2M Thursday previews, I was not expecting anything less than 40M.

Godzilla is easily had the worst legs this Summer. Horrible. 65% drop on memorial day weekend? Had it not been for the holiday, a 70% drop could have happened.

• Like 1

The struggle is almost over

Godzilla (2014)

Domestic Total as of Jul. 31, 2014:$199,922,103 Distributor: Warner Bros. Release Date: May 16, 2014 Genre: Sci-Fi Action Runtime: 2 hrs. 3 min. MPAA Rating: PG-13

Production Budget: $160 million

Posted Image

if you go to the Godzilla opening weekend thread, many were saying it had a strong shot of winning the summer..