Olive

Weekend Numbers: GOTG - 94M (PG 180) [25.5M Sunday (Spatula) Cancel the Godzilla legs!]

Jamie Bell as Ben Grimm? Whoever that kid is who they got to play Reed? The dude playing Dr. Doom? I can honestly say the casting sucks and my conscious is utterly clear of any racism. If you can't even get the cast right, and couple that with how it's an 11th hour attempt to keep FF's rights, then there was no care taken in producing the film, IMO.

That's FOX's ambition, AA. Josh Trank is a good filmmaker and these are good actors. 

• Like 4

"Let's make a SW-esque movie featuring a band of lovable ne'er-do-wells." How is that a big risk? It's only a risk compared to something like TA2 or SW7.

Easy to say when the 170m budget's responsablity is not on your shoulders, claiming behind your computer  originality was dead after the old testament.

Every movie is a risk and a gamble, from Avengers to Under the SKin and Twelve YEars a Slave and everything in between.

• Like 1

"Let's make a SW-esque movie featuring a band of lovable ne'er-do-wells." How is that a big risk? It's only a risk compared to something like TA2 or SW7.

Aren't the late 70's-early 80's littered with the corpses of such films? Hell, more recently, how well did it work out for Firefly/Serenity?

i'm actually really looking forward to watching gotg but it's funny how even in a team consisting of a living tree, talking raccon, and two aliens, a white human male is the main character

Posted Image

Posted Image

marvel says to tell you 

Posted Image

I hope Guardians makes it to $91.7 million just so we can all laugh at Sony. 

God, ASM2 is going to be the smallest superhero movie of 2014. By the by, 4 of them this year (5 including BH6 - I don't know much about it though), and none from DC. That's rare I guess.

Edited by a2k

God, ASM2 is going to be the smallest CBM of 2014. By the by, 4 CBMs this year (5 including BH6 - I don't know much about it though), and none from DC. That's rare I guess.

300, Sin City, and TMNT are also comic book movies.

• Like 2