Neo

Gravity | Re-released on 2D and 3D January 17 | IMAX 3D on January 31! | 100M+ WW IMAX

I can't believe critics are falling for this. There is absolutely no subtext, no metaphysical musings, none.

This is exactly what I was mentioning days ago. If you want 2001, you're not going to get it. (I disagree about the subtext, but you're right in that it's not a philosophical treatise, it's an immersive experience.)

This movie was kinda crappy.

Way to overhypped.

I can't believe critics are falling for this. There is absolutely no subtext, no metaphysical musings, none. Just a lame attempt at a Disney-Star Tour type attraction ...

Space space space and even more space with that chick from Demotion Man.

The emotional arc of Sabu was a mess.

Children of Men was ten times the movie that Gravity miserably tries to be.

Cute music though and Clooney, as usual, was a total bore.

Underwhelmed doesn't quite cut it to say the least ...

If you're not joking we agree on every aspect ! 

Except I thought Clooney was the only good part at least his charisma could get through 

I do feel like its a movie to sorta 'trick' people to read more into it than there really is 

This movie was kinda crappy.

Way to overhypped.

I can't believe critics are falling for this. There is absolutely no subtext, no metaphysical musings, none. Just a lame attempt at a Disney-Star Tour type attraction ...

Space space space and even more space with that chick from Demotion Man.

The emotional arc of Sabu was a mess.

Children of Men was ten times the movie that Gravity miserably tries to be.

Cute music though and Clooney, as usual, was a total bore.

Underwhelmed doesn't quite cut it to say the least ...

So scifi or not? :P

Where did you see it? The movie is scheduled to 23/10 here in Molière's country.

I think Futurist is just doing his whole Futurist thing

Yeah, that's what I thought.

"Gravity is pseudo-intellectual garbage overhyped by gullible and pretentious critics.

Bow down to the Queen Katniss. SaBu and Nescafe guy are her minions from now on."

Well done though, we cannot distinguish the cynical from the sincere anymore.

• Like 2

Damn, it would've went up to 99%, but that ONE negative drags it down. It needs a good amount more without a negative to reach 99, but who cares, the ave rating is up so im stoked!

Got tickets for 5:30 tomorrow in IMAX 3D. Get this guys. So my and my gf are standing at the counter (for some reason we had to buy the tickets at the concession stand) and I ask the girl "I know this is a weird question, but do you know how big your IMAX screen is?". The other lady says 3 stories and 2 1/2 times bigger than normal (which may or may not be accurate), and the girl is like "oh okay. yeah, i thought they were all the same size." and I say "no they don't make real IMAX anymore. They make liemax, which is smaller, and they vary so I was just trying to get an idea". She goes "liemax? what is that?". Her and none of the other employees have heard of liemax haha, I was so surprised. They thought their IMAX was the typical standard. I told her to google it and she'd be surprised.

Edited by Twerkdrew
  • Like 2

We cannot distinguish the cynical from the sincere anymore.

I AM sincere!!

But unfortunately won't be able to see this for another month, till it reaches Europe's green shores.

So I can't help you here, guys. Unless, of course, I use my well-known and somewhat maligned foretelling abilities.

Edited by Shayvity

Without going into spoilers, I'm curious about how old people are who didn't like some of the third-act back story or resolution (critics or otherwise). IMO, while it may be a standard sort of movie trope, it carries more power if you have some of that related life experience (dancing around spoilers here). I know I was much more affected now than I would've been a decade ago.

Damn, it would've went up to 99%, but that ONE negative drags it down. It needs a good amount more without a negative to reach 99, but who cares, the ave rating is up so im stoked!

Got tickets for 5:30 tomorrow in IMAX 3D. Get this guys. So my and my gf are standing at the counter (for some reason we had to buy the tickets at the concession stand) and I ask the girl "I know this is a weird question, but do you know how big your IMAX screen is?". The other lady says 3 stories and 2 1/2 times bigger than normal (which may or may not be accurate), and the girl is like "oh okay. yeah, i thought they were all the same size." and I say "no they don't make real IMAX anymore. They make liemax, which is smaller, and they vary so I was just trying to get an idea". She goes "liemax? what is that?". Her and none of the other employees have heard of liemax haha, I was so surprised. They thought their IMAX was the typical standard. I told her to google it and she'd be surprised.

Seriously? LOL That is funny! I'm surprised they haven't heard of it. I just might ask my theater the same question and see what they say... :stirthepot:

I just saw an screening of this. Holy. Fucking. Shit. Best cinema experience. Sandra Bullock and George Clooney were fantastic. In IMAX this movie is just astounding. 

I'm never going to space in my lifetime. Ever. Nope.

Edited by BoxOfficeZ
  • Like 2