Neo

Gravity | Re-released on 2D and 3D January 17 | IMAX 3D on January 31! | 100M+ WW IMAX

best picture for a sci fi? 12 years a slave will have something to say come awards time

I am sick of the Academy awarding either politically motivated films or historical dramas. Sadly, 12YAS is both. I say it is politically motivated because we have a black President right now.

I am sick of the Academy awarding either politically motivated films or historical dramas. Sadly, 12YAS is both. I say it is politically motivated because we have a black President right now.

I can't remember the last time the Academy awarded a political movie. If anything they usually try to stray away from politics. Plus, I hardly think 12YAS clasifies as political. The president has been black for over 5 years now so its hardly a big point anymore.

• Like 1

The President being black has nothing to do with a film about slavery. Why would you even bring that up? 

I happened to be following Bret Easton Ellis on Twitter and he just casually gave away what I presume is farily signficant twist of Gravity. Not that you go to see it for the plot but thanks for that, Bret.

Edited by Hatebox

12YAS is the truth. its not politically motivated. its based on a memoir. its accurate, because slavery is accepted as being very brutal at that time. Academy loves those types of movies, no matter high gravity goes, rarely do sci fi category movies win.

Obama isn't black either. he's half caucasian, half african american. mixed race. he just looks a bit brown because his father is very dark. these are his parents.

Posted Image

Edited by Halba