Neo

Gravity | Re-released on 2D and 3D January 17 | IMAX 3D on January 31! | 100M+ WW IMAX

A small example of word of mouth. Me and the consultant I am working with kept talking about how this movie needs to be seen on the largest screen possible and it is not a laptop view kind of movie etc. through the week. The consultant said "I don't even go to the movies a lot but this was more like a theme park ride than a movie".

Hearing us talk about this all week, my manager and senior manager who literally never go to the movies have booked tickets for them and their family in IMAX for this weekend, that is 8 tickets sold due to 2 people who liked it. Here is hoping those guys like it as well, I could really use a good pay hike this year  :P

• Like 3

A small example of word of mouth. Me and the consultant I am working with kept talking about how this movie needs to be seen on the largest screen possible and it is not a laptop view kind of movie etc. through the week. The consultant said "I don't even go to the movies a lot but this was more like a theme park ride than a movie".

Hearing us talk about this all week, my manager and senior manager who literally never go to the movies have booked tickets for them and their family in IMAX for this weekend, that is 8 tickets sold due to 2 people who liked it. Here is hoping those guys like it as well, I could really use a good pay hike this year  :P

Everyone at my current gig has either been raving about it or asking co-workers "Have you seen GRAVITY yet?" and the response is either "OMG, wasn't it awesome?" or "No, but I can't wait, I hear it's great".

• Like 1

That's is EXACTLY what people said on Avatar, and that's what keeps me believing in incredible legs for Gravity, because you don't often see people give films such comments.

looks like ending up 220-240 million area. worldwide approx 450 not including china grosses.

It will be quite bigger than that. Firedeep said something really interesting in Friday numbers thread: the lowest grosser with a 45 million 2nd weekend is Monsters Inc with 255 million and drops and Oscar campaign will help quite more to Gravity than to Monsters. After 2nd weekend, Monsters had grossed 122 million. Gravity will be at about 124. If it does not change too much, the target is 300 with chances of more.

• Like 1

It will be quite bigger than that. Firedeep said something really interesting in Friday numbers thread: the lowest grosser with a 45 million 2nd weekend is Monsters Inc with 255 million and drops and Oscar campaign will help quite more to Gravity than to Monsters. After 2nd weekend, Monsters had grossed 122 million. Gravity will be at about 124. If it does not change too much, the target is 300 with chances of more.

without the mass appeal of monsters inc...this art house flick aint going to 300, it overperformed DOM ,and will do average overseas.

drops will start coming from nxt weekend.

Edited by Halba

Lol arthouse flick. What arthouse flick has an 80 million dollar budget

director apart from harry potter flick, isnt mainstream in his original work. kudos to him, he's a terrific director.

Edited by Halba

Gravity is still 2 weeks out for me, so I was thinking about satiating my sci-fi hunger with The Europa Report. Anyone seen it? Any thoughts?

Nice, creativly shot movie. Nothing extraordinary, but watchable. 6+/10 from me. ;)