Neo

Gravity | Re-released on 2D and 3D January 17 | IMAX 3D on January 31! | 100M+ WW IMAX

Cloud Atlas is a masterpiece to some and terrible to others so its hardly a good comparison.Besides, this story of someone being trapped alone has been done so many times and every time it has it gets rave reviews. I'm sure this will be the same given the talented cast and well shot setting, though I don't think ill enjoy it quite as much.

That’s not what I’m talking about though. It has nothing to do with quality.

I remember there was some buzz prior to Cloud Atlas release that it apparently did well with audiences in test screenings. The weekend the movie was released it performed poorly at the box office and apparently WOM was awful.

So much for all that buzz prior.

Point being: Buzz and raves prior to a film’s release, mean nothing for their box office in the long run.

Edited by Boxofficefanatic

OK, guys, woah, woah, Elysium didn't come out yet so I don't know why Gravity BO is connected to Elysium's shockingly negative reviews? I thought we were discussing critical reception which is why I said that Devin was hearing disappoitment on Elysium front and absolute amazement on Gravity's. One turned to be true, the other still has months.

Gravity is an oscar-bait filmed filled with good buzz starring A-list stars so I don't get the very low predictions of some. It might start modestly but I'm pretty sure (and I hope) its legs will be incredible.

Again, the term "oscar bait" isn't appropriate here.