Fancyarcher

Disney's A Wrinkle in Time | 9th March, 2018 | Frozen's Jennifer Lee writing, Ava DuVernay directing. 45% on RT

7 minutes ago, Alli said:

I knew it that Mrs Ws are not gonna fly but that was my problem with the book synopsis on Wiki. Once those 3 made an appearance the story just went to shit. It isn't DuVerney's fault, it's already in the source. I guess she couldn't Bombadil them. 

"A disappointment"   https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/review/a-wrinkle-time-review-1090750?utm_source=twitter

A Wrinkle in Time” is wildly uneven, weirdly suspenseless, and tonally all over the place, relying on wall-to-wall music to supply the missing emotional connection and trowel over huge plot holes.

http://variety.com/2018/film/reviews/a-wrinkle-in-time-review-disney-ava-duvernay-1202720497/

Edited by Alli

Why did she sign up for this project? Did she seriously think she will turn this unfilmable book into something great? Should have just done whatever Marvel was offering her or a small personal film. Some filmmakers just deliver best when they have a low budget and no studio pressure to work with. 

Edited by marveldcfox

5 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

Why did she sign up for this project? Did she seriously think she will turn this unfilmable book into something great? Should have just done whatever Marvel was offering her or a small personal film. Some filmmakers just deliver best when they have a low budget and no studio pressure to work with. 

She is stuck under the witch called Oprah. That's why this happened.

http://www.indiewire.com/2018/03/a-wrinkle-in-time-review-ava-duvernay-oprah-1201936784/

It almost doesn’t matter that the movie is too emotionally prescriptive to have any real power, or too high on imagination to leave any room for wonder; DuVernay evinces such faith in who she is and what she’s doing that “A Wrinkle in Time” remains true to itself even when everything on screen reads false.

Mess. This is a ridiculous way to review. 

Edited by kells
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, XO21 said:

Lmao good riddance..

13 minutes ago, KJsooner said:

DisloyalNastyDeviltasmanian-max-1mb.gif

6 minutes ago, ROCKnROLLA said:

She is stuck under the witch called Oprah. That's why this happened.

I really don't get reactions like this.

Show me on the doll where DuVarnay/L'Engle/the book touched you. 

• Like 13

3 minutes ago, Telehilation said:

I really don't get reactions like this.

Show me on the doll where DuVarnay/L'Engle/the book touched you. 

Ask the Ready Player One haters that as well. People desperately want that film to fail.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

A Wrinkle In Time alternates clumsiness with moments of honesty and grace - AV Club, B-

Review: 'A Wrinkle In Time' Is A Well-Intentioned Disappointment - Forbes. Scott seems to think it might work better for people on the autism spectrum...

'A Wrinkle in Time' review: Disney's space odyssey leads to Oprah and beyond - Chicago Tribune, 2.5

47 on Metacritic with 11 reviews. 

Edited by Deja23