filmscholar

Weekend Numbers (pg119) Turtles 65M, GOTG 41.5

Well more Transformers film are much more like to happen than more Pirates of the Caribbean films mostly because of the Studios who's making them. Disney doesn't need Pirates of the Caribbean franchise as much as Paramount needs the Transformers. Paramount must be happy as hell that they found a new franchise now with the Ninja Turtles. But still no future Ninja Turtle film will be as successful as 1 Transformers movie.

It's too early to tell what kinds of legs TMNT will have. However, it would need fabulous legs to come anywhere close to the Transformers level of success.

The box office success of the first few Transformers movies still amazes me. Those were some impressive box office runs. I just don't think there's any place to take the Transformers films now to make them seem special or different.

Posted Image

:P

I've been doing my best to keep up over the last two weeks. All I know is Baumer has been on a Baumer roll.

Also everyone hates the new Ninja Turtles movie even tho it's just a dumb kids movie they'll probably never watch

I think that's about it

• Like 3

Posted Image

:P

Not a bad idea actually. Optimus is in space, so the rest of the autobots team up with GI Joe on earth to stop Cobra and Galvatron.

Post credits scene - Shredder shows up as the new head of Cobra :P

Edited by grim22

One of the things I found to be incredibly stupid in the GOTG (and this is apparently one of the parts that people love is)

getting rid of the villain by distracting him with a dance recital.  It was like I was watching Scooby Doo.  If that wasn't Marvel, it would have been ripped to shreds.  But Marvel can do wrong right now.

Eh... to be honest, if the movie had been done with the same tone but hadn't been Marvel, I still would've loved that. I understand it's not your sense of humor, but personally, I would've found that hilarious regardless of studio releasing the film. :)

• Like 1

The only thing I wish is that TMNT was age appropriate for my toddler son. I try to get excited to spend $30 to go see something like Planes 2, and I just can't! And I don't think he'd make it through GOTG without getting scared during some moments.Like, I basically keep thinking what if TMNT was as all-ages family oriented as The LEGO movie had been? Or, if it had been directed by Lord & Miller?

Lord Miller TMNT

I'd be there at Thursday 8PM show

• Like 2

Yep! I'm really worried About the next Transformers in USA. I think that even 200M will be hard. :/

Doesn't matter if it makes 400M in China

And there you go! Transformers is a successful franchise. 1 billion dollars ww for a reboot is a total win.