filmscholar

Weekend Numbers (pg119) Turtles 65M, GOTG 41.5

I'm still absolutely stunned that Get on Up dropped harder than Hercules this weekend.

It's because of the baumer summer game. These sorts of things only happen when they screw everyone over in the summer game :rofl:

• Like 3

Can we get more input here since public opinion will decide this, have Dawn's holds been acceptable or underwhelming? John in his wisdom seems to think it has "fallen apart" but my argument is based in similar movies in its sub genre and good OW and 2nd weekend that it's holds are standard, the one this weekend was good.

It's gonna flirt with a 3x multiplier, it's doing fine

• Like 1

Serious ?, how many Transformers will there be? These OS #s are just an endless profit scheme, they can cut the budget and keep hauling massive gains. Bay will never want to leave getting those checks, he never had artistic integrity so I guess I'm done hating him. All about the $$$, I was hoping we'd see it fail miserably domestic this year but it pulled a Pirates 4 and held better than a lot expected. Ugh

Edited by GiantCALBears

Dawn's holds have been mediocre, at least if you were here on opening weekend when a number of people were saying it could flirt with 300m after the buzz around the great reviews.  After seeing it, I never expected it to come close to that though because much of the movie is relatively slow paced with the emphasis being on a dynamic script/characters over spectacle.  Yes, being smart and thoughtful can hurt boxoffice unfortunately, which Bayformers and Maleficent benefited a lot of not being.  Posted Image

Planet of the apes ' franchise WHOLE story arc is silly . Dawn looked horrible in the trailers , plus it humiliates "dawn of the dead" a really great movie . I am surprised it even did that good. If dawn is an example of an intellectual movie that doesn't do better cause people want action packed movies , then the movie industry has a serious problem .

Yep! I'm really worried About the next Transformers in USA. I think that even 200M will be hard. :/

If the next one brings back the old cast and add it to the new one(new trend)... We could see an increase.
  • Like 1

If the next one brings back the old cast and add it to the new one(new trend)... We could see an increase.

I doubt it. This isn't like FF where people never got the Vin Diesel sequel. They've had their Shia sequels

• Like 1

I doubt it. This isn't like FF where people never got the Vin Diesel sequel. They've had their Shia sequels

Couldn't you argue the same thing for X-Men though?

I mean, we had 5-6 Wolverine movies but it increased once they combined casts.

• Like 1