wileECoyote

Monday 8/11 Numbers RTH TMNT 6.8 GotG 5.4

The week after Labor day the school systems will be in full swing.  The box office will adjust itself accordingly week by week as more students are back in school.

O mei, I seem to be very unclear today...  I meant do I have adjust in tiny-mini... steps the to be expected in the 2 weeks or so BEFORE labor day?

Or are the increasing numbers of schools that seem to start school earlier at a certain date (in comparison to the last year(s) same date) still low enough to ignore?

I've read several times in the last few weeks people had the impression that more schools tend to start earlier as last year / the last few years.

Boyhood, Locke, Grand Budapest Hotel, Under the Skin, and Snowpiercer.

Thats a good top 5, though I havent seen Under the Skin. I loved Grand Budapest. More than Boyhood even. Probably my favorite of the year.Edit - Re: GotG winning 6 weeks in a row, I certainly wouldnt hace said it "will" happen, and obviously now it wont. But right after its launch it probably had a 1 in 3 shot at it which is probable enough for an exceptional enough feat to be worth commenting on. Edited by Wrath
  • Like 1

Thats a good top 5, though I havent seen Under the Skin. I loved Grand Budapest. More than Boyhood even. Probably my favorite of the year.

UTS is weird, fucked-up, beautiful, unsettling, haunting and will stick with you for quite awhile, even as you wonder what exactly you saw.
  • Like 3

Locke arrived in Netflix today. Time to see what Tele's fussing is about

Last time I watched one of Tele's raves it was a freakin' tire rolling down a dusty road, killing people along the way.

• Like 10

O mei, I seem to be very unclear today...  I meant do I have adjust in tiny-mini... steps the to be expected in the 2 weeks or so BEFORE labor day?

Or are the increasing numbers of schools that seem to start school earlier at a certain date (in comparison to the last year(s) same date) still low enough to ignore?

I've read several times in the last few weeks people had the impression that more schools tend to start earlier as last year / the last few years.

Well I don't know how anyone would know that for sure unless that had every school district in America's calendar.

• Like 1

Last time I watched one of Tele's raves it was a freakin' tire rolling down a dusty road, killing people along the way.

Rubber? I thought that trailer was hilarious, though I never got around to seeing the movie. Also not sure if it was supposed to be hilarious.

Anyway, what a classic conversation we're having here :ph34r:

Edited by darkelf
  • Like 2

I really liked Rubber. I was expecting a silly movie about a tire killing people. I got that AND a pretty spot on deconstruction of the modern movie going audience.
  • Like 2

Well I don't know how anyone would know that for sure unless that had every school district in America's calendar.

In our much smaller country we have something like a calendar system on a website, as it can be important to know for traffic probles at certain weekends. Here a lot drive away during school-holliday

Thank for taking the time :wub:

• Like 1

Rubber? I thought that trailer was hilarious, though I never got around to seeing the movie. Also not sure if it was supposed to be hilarious.

Anyway, what a classic conversation we're having here :ph34r:

That Tire was serious.

Tell me it wasn't memorable. :lol:

I should have some time off in the next week or two, between bouts of packing, so hopefully I can catch up on a lot of movies still in the Top 10. Interested in LUCY (even/especially if it's a train wreck).

• Like 1

rubber is fucking awful.

Not totally awful. But not good either.

I really liked Rubber. I was expecting a silly movie about a tire killing people.I got that AND a pretty spot on deconstruction of the modern movie going audience.

Those tricycles though. :unsure: