Fancyarcher

Tuesday Estimates (RTH): TMNT (7.4), GOTG (6.6)

I wonder how many theaters Guardians will lose this weekend

I would say none.  Might even increase a couple.  The ones that will lose are the films with low grosses.

• Like 1

Saw Into The Storm today.  I clapped at the end, no joke.  Best film I've seen this summer. Pulse pounding and the effects and the destruction is awesome.

• Like 2

Saw Into The Storm today.  I clapped at the end, no joke.  Best film I've seen this summer. Pulse pounding and the effects and the destruction is awesome.

I won't say it's the best of the summer, but I'm really glad that someone else really liked it. I wasn't sure what I would think going in, but I thought it was quite good. The destruction WAS awesome, and the sound. Very entertaining, and to anyone who is skeptical because of the reviews should at least check this out at matinee price even, especially if you like disaster movies  :)

• Like 1

I won't say it's the best of the summer, but I'm really glad that someone else really liked it. I wasn't sure what I would think going in, but I thought it was quite good. The destruction WAS awesome, and the sound. Very entertaining, and to anyone who is skeptical because of the reviews should at least check this out at matinee price even, especially if you like disaster movies  :)

These are the kinds of films that remind me why I love movies so much.  They don't come out very often (and they come in all different genres) but when they do, and you get that tingle inside of you when you are watching it, you know it's something special.  I said this all along, that if they would have marketed this better, with a recognizable cast, not A-listers, but B's, this would have opened way stronger.

• Like 1

These are the kinds of films that remind me why I love movies so much.  They don't come out very often (and they come in all different genres) but when they do, and you get that tingle inside of you when you are watching it, you know it's something special.  I said this all along, that if they would have marketed this better, with a recognizable cast, not A-listers, but B's, this would have opened way stronger.

I really like it when I am surprised by a film. When I am expecting it to be good, well obviously I'm still happy when it's great, but I really like it when I'm expecting a mediocre film and I get a good one. 

• Like 1

I really like it when I am surprised by a film. When I am expecting it to be good, well obviously I'm still happy when it's great, but I really like it when I'm expecting a mediocre film and I get a good one. 

Agreed.  I didn't know what to expect when i went to see it.  But it clearly blew me away...no pun intended.  

I was truly moved with the scene where Donnie and Kaitlyn were dying and they were recording their final thoughts.  I also liked Arlen Escarpeta in it, he has charisma, he had it too in Friday the 13th.

When I saw it starred Richard Armitage, I started rooting for it. I love him!! 

I'm not a Hobbit guy so his presence did nothing for me.....but the film is just so much more than I thought it would be.

These are the kinds of films that remind me why I love movies so much. They don't come out very often (and they come in all different genres) but when they do, and you get that tingle inside of you when you are watching it, you know it's something special. I said this all along, that if they would have marketed this better, with a recognizable cast, not A-listers, but B's, this would have opened way stronger.

Nice to hear. Wish they had got some IMAX screens for it
  • Like 2