Fancyarcher

Tuesday Estimates (RTH): TMNT (7.4), GOTG (6.6)

I just got back from Into the Storm as well. I dont think it was as good as it could have been. I think if they took a little more time and money and put it into a better cast, it would have been a lot better. The visuals were great and it was really intense. I just couldnt help thinking how much better it would have been with actors who could actually deliver their lines well. lol

Sixth Sense and Rush Hour 2 came close (2nd place) but yeah this is kinda insane in the membrane.  :lol: GotG - $290 millionTMNT - $185 million Let's Be Cops - $140 million Hard to believe 3 August releases could each do that well at the same time. Then again, Bourne Ultimatum, rush Hour 3 and Superbad all did remarkable well, too and also very similar.

It's almost as if audiences will watch what they want regardless of when it's released :unsure:
  • Like 5

I wonder how many theaters Guardians will lose this weekend

No IMAX loosing for 3 weeks if I remember it right. And looking at their average per theater... result, comparing that to others... I highly doubt they'll already start to shorten the numbers (a bit up or down = maybe)

I forgot where I read it, someone went at 16:00 o'clock in a matinée yesterday = fully seated

• Like 1

So ScarJo's solo action vehicle Lucy reached 100 million dollars with so-so reviews and no connection to the MU. Does its success make the Black Widow film a more feasible possibility? Natasha's background in the comics has so many cool aspects that they could choose from, and her history is full of stuff that could be quite cinematic. Do it, Marvel!

Edited by cochofles
  • Like 2

I would love to see a Black Widow solo movie.  I keep hearing snippets of her back story but not enough so that I know enough about it.  If she was to get one, Renner would have to be in it as well.  

• Like 2

So ScarJo's solo action vehicle Lucy reached 100 million dollars with so-so reviews and no connection to the MU. Does its success makes the Black Widow film a more feasible possibility? Natasha's background  in the comics has so many cool aspects that they could choose from, and her history is full of stuff that could be quite cinematic. Do it, Marvel!

I definitely want to see a Black Widow film.

• Like 2

Saw Into The Storm today. I clapped at the end, no joke. Best film I've seen this summer. Pulse pounding and the effects and the destruction is awesome.

The movies you like and dislike baffle me more and more each day
  • Like 2

The movies you like and dislike baffle me more and more each day

Why?  Are you implying by this statement that ITS is a bad movie?

• Like 2