kayumanggi

Weekend numbers thread:TMNT: 28.4 GOTG: 24.7 LBC. 17.7 Ex3: 16.2

Let's Be Cops was alright. Wish it was pulling just a little more, but i don't see why anyone feels symphothy for the Giver. Looks like the most lifeless movie of the year. Thought the Expendables could pull a little more. I love photo finishes, so this weekend will be a good one to watch. I don't even care what makes what this weekend or wins, I just want a huge weekend, for August standards.

Everytime I see the trailer for The Giver I just get really pissed off with the fact that this is what studio execs are giving the green light too over more original stuff. That and Maze Runner.

Like, I get legitimately angry. I probably shouldn't but can't help honest emotion ya know.

• Like 1

Everytime I see the trailer for The Giver I just get really pissed off with the fact that this is what studio execs are giving the green light too over more original stuff. That and Maze Runner.

Like, I get legitimately angry. I probably shouldn't but can't help honest emotion ya know.

The book is twenty years old. It's a passion project for Bridges. Why lump it into all the others?

• Like 1

The book is twenty years old. It's a passion project for Bridges. Why lump it into all the others?

Well knowing it made Bridges happy helps. I didn't know the book as that old, I just assumed it was a part of the whole YA book fad going on.

Is it okay to be pissed off about Maze Runner still?

• Like 1

Apparently the trailer makes the film seem a lot more actiony and modern YA pop than it really is.

Well knowing it made Bridges happy helps. I didn't know the book as that old, I just assumed it was a part of the whole YA book fad going on.

Maze Runner is a very good book so IDK why to be pissed off at its movie.

Edited by SuperRocket

The Giver is mandatory reading in a lot of middle schools. When I was in grade 8 we were required to read it. I'm surprised you haven't heard of it lol. It was published in 1993. 

Edited by ban1o

I hadn't heard of it either.

The Giver is mandatory reading in a lot of middle schools. When I was in grade 8 we were required to read it. I'm surprised you haven't heard of it lol. It was published in 1993. 

That's probably why. That was my last year of middle school.

Edited by Orestes
  • Like 1

No :ph34r: