kayumanggi

Weekend numbers thread:TMNT: 28.4 GOTG: 24.7 LBC. 17.7 Ex3: 16.2

Like Guardians of the Galaxy and Ant Man? lol

Marvel superhero fanboys

Putting words in my mouth, never said they were original nor have I even insinuated that in even the slightest amount.

I've ranted about there being too many comic book adaptations as well. Hell, they are the most abundant type of adaptation, these days, it seems.

Edited by Mango

So tired of factory made shit like TMNT, Into the Storm, The Giver, and et al. We need more original movies like Edge Of Tomorrow, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, and Guardians of the Galaxy. This summer has been refreshing b/c there was a good number(4-5) great movies, but most of the rest of them were factory made shit.

• Like 1

So tired of factory made shit like TMNT, Into the Storm, The Giver, and et al. We need more original movies like Edge Of Tomorrow, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, and Guardians of the Galaxy. This summer has been refreshing b/c there was a good number(4-5) great movies, but most of the rest of them were factory made shit.

Is that your thumbs up/thumbs down ranking? Something is either factory-made shit or great? Because there's not a lot of connection between the movies you're using as examples, except your personal opinion.
  • Like 13

None of the three you listed are original though. Good films? Yes. Original? Not in the slightest.

• Like 3

I love all 3 of these films but they are not  original

• Like 1

baumer, it's getting ridiculous. I usually don't have an issue with you expressing your opinion, but you are getting dangerously close to trolling with some of the posts I've read (reading through the thread). Please stop, for the sake of the sanity of the forum

And not just baumer. FrozenBuff, this new Wiseau guy, Noctis... seriously, it's getting kinda sickening

• Like 3

Just because a film is original doesn't mean it's automatically good.

Just because a film is produced as part of a franchise from adapted material doesn't mean it's bad. 

PROBLEM SOLVED WORLD PEACE!! 

:D

Pretty much. I'm watching Jaws right now. This film is a goddamn masterpiece and its a book adaptation, as well as the film that put Spielberg on the map.

Edited by Mango
  • Like 4

baumer, it's getting ridiculous. I usually don't have an issue with you expressing your opinion, but you are getting dangerously close to trolling with some of the posts I've read (reading through the thread). Please stop, for the sake of the sanity of the forum

And not just baumer. FrozenBuff, this new Wiseau guy, Noctis... seriously, it's getting kinda sickening

I think the Wiseau guy is Shay, but I could be wrong.  :ph34r:

• Like 1

Also, any word of Boyhood's numbers?

http://deadline.com/2014/08/box-office-expendables-late-nights-unimpressive-819983/

Richard Linklater’s Boyhood (IFC) added another 265 theaters bringing the total to 771 locales and should end the weekend with a total cume of $13M+ (per screen of $2,198); Woody Allen’s Magic in the Moonlight up 794 to bring its theater total to 964 may end up at around $4.5M for its total cume after this weekend ($1,726 per).

• Like 1

None of the three you listed are original though. Good films? Yes. Original? Not in the slightest.

Originality is an illusion anyway. It's all smoke and mirrors to make something look original. Or need I mention Inception and Uncle Scrooge McDuck?

Posted Image

:P

• Like 1

1). Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (PAR), 3,980 theaters (+135) / $7.68M Friday / 3-day est. cume: $26M+ (-60%) / Total est. cume: $115.6M / Wk 2

2). Guardians of the Galaxy (DIS), 3,697 theaters (-391) / $6M to $7M Fri. / 3-day cume: $23M / Total cume: $220.9M / Wk 3

3). Expendables 3, (LGF), 3,221 theaters / $6M Fri. (includes $875K late nights) / 3-day cume: $16M+ / Wk 1

4). Let’s Be Cops (FOX), 3,094 theaters / $5.2M Wed. (includes $1.2M late nights) / $3.2M Thurs. / $5M Fri. / 3-day cume: $15M / 5-day cume: $23M to $23.5M / Wk 1

5). The Giver (TWC), 3,003 theaters / $4.5M Fri. (includes $750K late nights) / 3-day cume: $12.5M / Wk 1

6). The Hundred-Foot Journey (DIS), 2,043 theaters (+20)/ $2M+ Fri. / 3-day cume: $7M t0 $8M (-26%) / Total cume: $24.6M / Wk 2

7). Into The Storm (WB), 3,434 theaters (0) / $2M Fri. / 3-day cume: $6M to $7M (-61%) / Total cume: $30.4M / Wk 2

8). Lucy (UNI), 2,520 theaters (-627) / $1.56M Fri. / 3-day cume: $5.2M / Total cume: $107.5M / Wk 4

9). Step Up All In (LGF), 2,072 theaters 0) / $914K Fri. / 3-day cume: $2M to $3M (-58%) / Total cume: $11.9M / Wk 2

10). Get On Up (UNI), 1,101 theaters (-1,368) / $572K Fri. / 3-day cume: $2M+ / Total cume: $27.1M / Wk 3

• Like 2