kayumanggi

Weekend numbers thread:TMNT: 28.4 GOTG: 24.7 LBC. 17.7 Ex3: 16.2

Ninja Turtles is holding as expected. As the writeup on BOM points out, it's about in line with G.I. Joe's second Friday hold five years ago; if it follows that film's weekend pattern, it will finish the frame a bit over $25 million.

I was really rooting for Guardians of the Galaxy to return to #1, but it's still doing very well (and won't finish that far behind Turtles in second).

Ouch for Expendables 3. There was a lot working against it, sure, but to see it drop 44% from its predecessor's performance two years ago is alarming.

Let's Be Cops is doing okay.

The Giver had a "meh" start, as expected. Even with the long-standing recognition for the book, a movie adaptation is still a difficult sell given that so many other adaptations have covered similar ground.

But But But...

GI Joe was released in March and only had a +60% Jump on friday. not really comparable. 

Did TMNT's second weekend go up against Deathly Hallows Part 2?

I gather you mean TFA - and it opened against DH2 second w/e ($47m) when that still took most of the big and specialty screens.  In TFA's second weekend it was third after Smurfs ($35m) and Cowboys & Aliens ($36m) and then Apes opened it's 3 w/e ($55m)

there's lucy , turtles and ex3 at my theatre that i haven't seen and i'm contemplating watching guardians again instead!

the weather is shitty, covered in dark clouds, partial showers ughhh don't feel like going anywhere really maybe keep going with my modern family marathon!!!