eXtacy

Weekend Estimates: GotG 17.6m | TMNT 16.8m | If I Stay 16.4m | WGST 9.0m | Sin City 6.5m

Well to be fair, it would've been an instant green-light 6-8 years ago.

But they waited WAY TOO FUCKING LONG on it.

It was an instant greenlight shortly after the first one came out, given that the reception for the first film was really strong and the source material for further installments already existed. Unfortunately, with the need for such a huge cast, they probably just struggled to find a time when they could get everyone they wanted together, and the project kept cycling through rumors of who was being considered/cast, when filming would begin, etc.

ORF is not an intelligent film company when it comes to moving titles

Open Road Films didn't make the decision, though. The film's production company decided to halt all the previous CEO's plans, and just took the film off the schedule for no actual reason besides "there's a new CEO in town!"
  • Like 1

Open Road Films didn't make the decision, though. The film's production company decided to halt all the previous CEO's plans, and just took the film off the schedule for no actual reason besides "there's a new CEO in town!"

so now The Green Inferno could be made in a few years or maybe be made for VOD and DVD only

It was an instant greenlight shortly after the first one came out, given that the reception for the first film was really strong and the source material for further installments already existed. Unfortunately, with the need for such a huge cast, they probably just struggled to find a time when they could get everyone they wanted together, and the project kept cycling through rumors of who was being considered/cast, when filming would begin, etc.

Robert Rodriguez and Frank Miller really should've started this in 2007 rather than Rodriguez doing all his Grindhouse spin-offs and Miller doing The Spirit.The film could've easily been released in 2009.
  • Like 1

so now The Green Inferno could be made in a few years or maybe be made for VOD and DVD only

It'll probably get picked up for theatrical release if the production company realizes they have their head up their asses, or it'll just get released straight-to-DVD.
  • Like 1

I still think Summer 2014 is one of the best if not the best summer we've ever had quality-wise.

It was definitely way better than it looked like it was gonna be after TASM2 and Godzilla released an atom bomb of flatulence at the beginning of the season. Not sure I'd call it one of the best ever for blockbusters, but I guess it would be one of my favs of the past decade looking at which top grossers scored at least a B+ for me:

1. 2008: TDK A+, Wall-E A+, Iron Man A, Kung Fu Panda A-, Get Smart B+, Tropic Thunder B+, Hellboy 2 B+, Wanted B+,

2. 2014: Dawn of the Planet of the Apes A, X-Men:DOFP A, Edge of Tomorrow A, How to Train Your Dragon 2 A-,  Guardians of the Galaxy B+, 22 Jump Street B+, The Fault in Our Stars B+

3 2009:Up A+, Star Trek A, Inglorious Basterds A, District 9 B+, Half Blood Prince B+, The Hangover B+, Public Enemies B+, Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs B+

4. 2004: Spiderman 2 A-, Bourne Supremacy A-, Anchorman A-, Shrek 2 B+,  Prisoner of Azkaban B+, Collateral B+, The Day After Tomorrow B+, The Notebook B+, The Terminal B+

5, 2011: First Class A-, Rise of the Planet of the Apes B+, Bridesmaids B+, Deathly Hallows 2 B+, The Help B+, Kung Fu Panda 2 B+, Crazy Stupid Love B+, Thor B+

Edited by MovieMan89

Okay, so here is how Corpus fared tonight:TMNT - 587If I Stay - 506Cops - 229Expendables 3 - 216GOTG - 205When the Game - 175Into the Storm - 170Sin City - 106Lucy - 99Purge - 86Giver - 84Step Up - 52Echo - 15What If - 1It only managed 8th place!

I am surprised your theater is still showing Earth to Echo.  :mellow:

Okay, so here is how Corpus fared tonight:TMNT - 587If I Stay - 506Cops - 229Expendables 3 - 216GOTG - 205When the Game - 175Into the Storm - 170Sin City - 106Lucy - 99Purge - 86Giver - 84Step Up - 52Echo - 15What If - 1It only managed 8th place!

It is below Expendables 3? What a fucking disaster! :lol:

LOL, who saw What If?

Who was the one person who watched What If. And do you have to play the movie for one person? or would it be cheaper to refund their ticket?

Who was the one person who watched What If. And do you have to play the movie for one person? or would it be cheaper to refund their ticket?

It seems like bad customer service to force a refund because they were the only one in the theater. My theater would only stop a showing if no one was in it.

Well, you wouldn't be able to say only one person came until about 15 minutes after the start time. So that would mean waiting until he gets his snacks, seats, and starts watching it. It's all automated anyway. It would be way too time consuming to go check each theater to see if nobody showed up. I did have a couple come one time to see a movie on a weeknight and they were like 30 minutes late. They asked if I could start it over and since it was the last show of the day, I did.
  • Like 6

It looks a hell of a lot better than 259m though. ;)

It'll get to 260 if not more eventually, just not in this run. I can guarantee it will have an increase next year, because Marvel will do this theatrical marathon of all of the Phase 2 movies leading up to AOU.