Olive

Weekend Numbers (4 day estimates pg 35)

BoxOffice ‏@BoxOffice  1m
IF I STAY earned an estimated $2.6M on Friday. Domestic total stands at $21.16M. #IfIStay

BoxOffice ‏@BoxOffice  2m
AS ABOVE SO BELOW earned an estimated $3.2M on opening day Friday, including Thursday night's $470,000. #AsAboveSoBelow

Edited by Ent
  • Like 1

BoxOffice ‏@BoxOffice  55s
SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR earned an estimated $0.61M on Friday. Domestic total stands at $9.2M. #SinCity #ADameToKillFor

Edited by Ent
  • Like 1

August has really saved the Summer box office for me.  I wasn't even really enjoying it because of all the mediocrity (from a numbers stand point) but GOTG and TMNT made it fun again.  While GOTG will make my top 5 of the year and I really disliked TMNT, I'm excited that both are putting people in the theater.  

Maleficient, TMNT and GOTG all completely ruined my Summer Game but I don't even care.  At least SOMETHING broke out on a large scale.  I would have told you in March there was a 0% chance that any of those could beat ASM2 domestic and 2 of the 3 have blown past it, and TMNT still has the possibility to match it as well.

Crazy.

Edited by RyneOh1040
  • Like 1

GOTG will be number one again next weekend and Turtles will be number two. WTF is The Identical? Another music biopic about a group no one has heard of? And the poster has a Bollywood looking young Johnny Cash on the poster. :rofl:

Posted Image

all I read was some Christian themed movie
  • Like 1

BoxOffice ‏@BoxOffice  2m

CANTINFLAS earned an estimated $0.805M on opening day Friday from 382 locations. #Cantinflas

More than Sin City.

GOTG 3.7M Friday (137%)5.92M Saturday (60%)6.52M Sunday (10%)5.85M Monday (-10%) 16.1M/21.95M 280.25M total after Labor Day weekend. 300M would be pretty much locked in this scenario and with a very good shot at passing 318M+ by IM1. Probably finishes around 320-325M. Another home run for Marvel and Disney. :wub:

Is it really true/typical that Sundays outperform Saturday attendance during Labor Day 4D weekends? I was aware of the Monday boosts of course but did not recall Sundays surging over Saturdays. :o
  • Like 1

Is it really true/typical that Sundays outperform Saturday attendance during Labor Day 4D weekends? I was aware of the Monday boosts of course but did not recall Sundays surging over Saturdays. :o 

Not all movies increase but quite few will and others will see a small decline from Saturday. 

• Like 1

Gitesh Pandya ‏@giteshpandya  1m
#GuardiansOfTheGalaxy set to rule #LaborDay wknd at #1 w/ $3.8M FRI going to near $20M in 4days lifting cume to $278M.

Edited by Ent
  • Like 3

Gitesh Pandya ‏@giteshpandya  1m

#GuardiansOfTheGalaxy set to rule #LaborDay wknd at #1 w/ $3.8M FRI going to near $20M in 4days lifting cume to $278M.

It's official GOTG is number 1 movie of the year.  :bravo:

• Like 1

Yep, if Rth takes a break from posting numbers until November, no great harm.And if Rth is reading this: thanks for the numbers you do give us.

Yeah people need to appreciate that Rth actually has a life. I remember when he first started posting the numbers after Avengers opened, he's been consistently giving us early numbers for 2 years, that's a lot of dedication right there, the guy needs a break lol Edited by jessie

That's not Uwe Boll and Asylum level though. Ray Liotta on the other hand...

At least Liotta has the occasional Killing Them Softly or The Place Beyond the Pines he could appear in. 

Then again, Judd was in Dolphin Tale and apparently in Divergent which were at least successful in the BO. But as an actress she's been completely wasted in the 7 years since her amazing performance in Bug. Don't even get me started on Pantoliano

• Like 1