tommycruise

Will Jennifer Lawrence break the 100m streak record?

House at the End of Street was released in between Hunger Games and SLP right? If not for that JLaw would have had 6 100M in a row including Hunger Games and X-Men First Class

Edited by forg
  • Like 1

House at the End of Street was released in between Hunger Games and SLP right? If not for that JLaw would have had 6 100M in a row including Hunger Games and X-Men First Class

Yep, and with Serena getting a UK release, I'm guessing it'll get a US release too. This will not happen.

Actually he didnt, two indie films were released in the potter timeframe

Emma Watson almost does it but she as a shitty kids movie in the middle of the Potter movies. Daniel has an indie movie.

Edited by CJohn

Will's record is good.  It was literally like Lighting in a bottle for that happen.  Notice his counterparts, Tom and Tom are the only ones who got close.  But what made Will's run so historic and speical. He did it over multiple genres and even had an animated film in there. 

Edited by filmscholar
  • Like 1

Will's record is good. It was literally like Lighting in a bottle for that happen. Notice his counterparts, Tom and Tom are the only ones who got close. But what made Will's run so historic and speical. He did it over multiple genres and even had an animated film in there.

When Seven Pounds came out, I was like 'what were you thinking?' Strange film. Tom Hanks remains the most impressive streak IMO

I remember rooting for Tom Hanks to keep the streak going. This was after Toy Story. Before the 7 movie streak began. Then That Thing You Do came out and broke what would gave been 10 straight $100m grossers. Since then I have convinced myself that since he directed That Thing You Do, it shouldn't count against him. As far as I'm concerned Tom Hanks has 10 straight. Lol

But "American hustle" and X-men don`t rely on JLaw`s star power to reach that milestone.

Is it right to count them?

Will's record is good.  It was literally like Lighting in a bottle for that happen.  Notice his counterparts, Tom and Tom are the only ones who got close.  But what made Will's run so historic and speical. He did it over multiple genres and even had an animated film in there. 

Animated film is locked to score big, so no surprise here.

If you consider their movies genre-wise, for me the most impressive is 1. Tom Hanks 2. Tom Cruise 3.Will Smith.

Edited by Gagen
  • Like 1

All due respect to Lawrence, but her "streak" doesn't mean much imo.  Hunger Games and X-men would have killed 100 mill with or without her.  Sandler, Will Smith and Julia Roberts made films that made money because of their name.  When JLaw makes three comedies in a row that make 100 million dollars, then we can put her in the equation, but right now, imo, the jury is out.  She's a great actress, she's beautiful and she is obviously very talented.  But a box office draw to the level of Smith and Roberts and Sandler?  Not so fast.

• Like 6

I've seen Clerks and Jersey Girl and Dogma... and I think I saw Zach & Miri at some point

I regret each of those decisions

That;s too bad.  Clerks and Dogma are two of the funniest films I've ever seen.