rukaio101

Box Office.com's Top 100 films of All Time (2014 edition)- List Complete! Everyone is Disappointed!

Nolan's filmography seems to have had healthy increases.

TDK: #3 to #2

Batman Begins: #61 to #51

TDKR: #80 to #58

Inception: #24 to #10

Prestige: N/R to #52

Memento: #51 to #32

BRING ON 2015!!! INTERSTELLAR, COME ON DOWN!!!

A storm is coming.

• Like 1

I propose a Top 100 without Nolan, Disney /Pixar to have more variety.

No David Lynch, No John Carpenter ?

Nolan, PTA, Fincher, Spielberg, Cameron And Scorcese are the directors with the most films ?

Tarantino only has two ?

No Apocalypse Now ?

No Mad Max ?

• Like 2

I was expecting Avatar to at least appear in this list.  I mean that movie completely redefined the movie business model. 

I know this is a list compiled from less than 50 (?) movie enthousiasts (scratch that...box office enthousiasts) of various life experience, but still...

Maybe this should be renamed to Box Office's top 100 favorite films of all time? 

It is not funny. Everyone uses that joke.

Yes, I am in a bad mood today.

It's funny when you make it nearly believable. On my top 25 most overrated films list I said Magic Mike was number one and there was about a page of mind blown reactions. When I revealed The Avengers was the real number 1 many people were genuinely surprised

• Like 1

Or movies made before 1980. 

Though that would probably consist of 8 contributors who's lists were longer than 5 movies. :P

Before 1972 so that Godfather, Jaws and Star Wars don't make up the Top 3. Though The Good the Bad and the Ugly or 12 Angry Men would probably win in that case anyway. 

Edited by Jake Gittes

Rain Man was the highest grossing movie of the year I was born. That's super embarrassing. 

According to BOM, adjusted for 2014 ticket prices it would be the biggest movie this year so far in the U.S. (and it did more business outside the U.S. than in it in a vastly less robust than now international market)

Domestic Total Adj. Gross: $351,528,600

An era when an adult drama could actually make as much WW as the bigger tentpole action/sci-fi/or SH movies

• Like 1

Huh.  Forrest Gump is the movie with the lowest RT% score on the list.  I wouldn't have guessed that.

Edit - Blazing Saddles rocked.  I had it in my top 10.

Edit2 - The Prestige was the 2nd lowest RT% (3rd was a 3-way tie between Pirates of the Caribbean, Se7en, and Return of the Jedi), and the lowest RT ratings was a 3-way tie between Forrest Gump, The Prestige, and Pirates.  I'm not going to look at the IMDB scores because that way lies madness.

Edited by Wrath