Noctis

La La Land | Now Playing | Record-Tieing 14 Oscar Noms and Record-Breaking 16 BOFFY Noms

The entitlement thing is just an unfortunate result of the disconnect between parental experience and reality. No one individually deserves to be blamed for it. I'm choosing to use the experience to guide my advice for others moving into adulthood after me.

Edited by tribefan695
  • Like 2

I was about to ask in the CC thread for advice on what films I should prioritize seeing over the next couple weeks. The amount of activity in here (which I haven't actually read because I don't want to be even slightly spoiled) has made my decision for me. Priority #1 is this. Seeing it tomorrow.

• Like 3

I have baby-boomer parents who thankfully take it easy on the whole millenial entitlement accusations. I don't know how it all started, but baby-boomers — the most economically and culturally indulged generation ever — saying that kind of stuff has always just struke me as projecting. They had, and still have, it so good, and maybe deep down they know it. 

Edited by Hatebox
  • Like 6

2 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

The entitlement thing is just an unfortunate result of the disconnect between parental experience and reality. No one individually deserves to be blamed for it. I'm choosing to use the experience to guide my advice for others moving into adulthood after me.

That is a great thing to do.

I try to emphasize to my cousin who was born in 1999 and graduates high school this year...make sure you get a specialized degree. I told him that the job market is very rough and you need a specific degree with very particular skills to help you get the type of job you dreamed of as a little kid.

2 minutes ago, cannastop said:

@redfirebird2008

I know you have some questions about the end, but

Reveal hidden contents

Of course there are loans. I don't think a loan for that project would be very easy to get on $50,000 income.

38 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

That is a great thing to do.

I try to emphasize to my cousin who was born in 1999 and graduates high school this year...make sure you get a specialized degree. I told him that the job market is very rough and you need a specific degree with very particular skills to help you get the type of job you dreamed of as a little kid.

I know I'm going to say you need reliable transportation before you go to college, especially if you're an introvert. Will be very hard to get to jobs or internships otherwise.

As far as the movie goes, I think complaining about the details about how they achieved what they did misses the point of the overarching theme. I suppose though if you didn't buy into the romance you'd be more likely to scrutinize the career storylines.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, tribefan695 said:

I know I'm going to say you need reliable transportation before you go to college, especially if you're an introvert. Will be very hard to get to jobs or internships otherwise.

As far as the movie goes, I think complaining about the details about how they achieved what they did misses the point of the overarching theme. I suppose though if you didn't buy into the romance you'd be more likely to scrutinize the career storylines.

They're likeable actors, so I bought into that part of it. The John Legend salary scene probably didn't need to mention a specific number and it would have helped the flash-forward at the end.

I finally got around to seeing Moana just the other day. Now time for my belated viewing of La La Land tomorrow (although that still won't be as late as Moana). I'm not exactly a musical person but I'm trying to expand my horizons. Hopefully I enjoy it!

• Like 3