grim22

Concussion | NFL Concussion Drama | Christmas 2015 | Will Smith. Luke Wilson. Trailer page 1.

On 12/9/2015, 9:38:04, ThatOneGuy said:

This looks like it's gonna stir up so much controversy.  I'm gonna make a very unrealistic prediction and say it gets American Sniper numbers with the subject matter and controversy surrounding the film.  Of course, it likely won't happen, but who knows?

Whoa... Hey there. I think this film will be pretty big... But you might wanna reel that one in a little bit

On ‎12‎/‎9‎/‎2015‎ ‎9‎:‎38‎:‎04‎, ThatOneGuy said:

This looks like it's gonna stir up so much controversy.  I'm gonna make a very unrealistic prediction and say it gets American Sniper numbers with the subject matter and controversy surrounding the film.  Of course, it likely won't happen, but who knows?

Check yourself before you wreck yourself.

• Like 1

surprised by the not so great early reviews. It's at 61% and lousy 5.8/10 average.  It's worse with the top critics.  It's still very early as there are only 28 reviews, but not a great start.  Let's see if it goes up from here

How Sony Changed Concussion To Make The NFL (Or Their Lawyers) Happy

http://deadspin.com/how-sony-changed-concussion-to-make-the-nfl-or-their-l-1749686299

A later scene where former Steelers team doctor Julian Bailes says, “Think of the NFL team owners as ranchers, the coaches and doctors as ranch hands, and the players as cattle” is cut, as is his later claim that insurance companies offered him “millions of dollars to shut the hell up.”

When I saw ads for this film on the NFL channel, I figured it had been watered down to the point where it no longer was of interest.

From the reviews, even that aside, it was a bit too much like a typical TV movie.

Now if Michael Mann had made this film the way he made "The Insider" it would have been a much better expose man against the system film and Mann sure as hell would not have backed down to the NFL.

• Like 1

On Saturday, December 12, 2015 at 3:11 PM, filmlover said:

Check yourself before you wreck yourself.

34 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

The lack of controversy about his film shows how the studio sold out.

3 hours ago, DAJK said:

I only get to see one of these 3 movies then tonight: Daddy's home, this, or Danish Girl.

Or babysit the kid, which is most likely.

Pick Concussion if you want a drama that captures your attention, Daddy's Home if you wanna laugh (maybe?), and Danish Girl if you wanna catch up on your Oscar bait.