grim22

Concussion | NFL Concussion Drama | Christmas 2015 | Will Smith. Luke Wilson. Trailer page 1.

Looked solid apart from the one part of the trailer that kinda implied that the NFL was out to destroy the life of Smith's character and other very nefarious things.

The NFL may be a racket in a sense, but it ain't something out of a Scorsese movie.

• Like 1

Looked solid apart from the one part of the trailer that kinda implied that the NFL was out to destroy the life of Smith's character and other very nefarious things.

The NFL may be a racket in a sense, but it ain't something out of a Scorsese movie.

That we know of.  :ph34r:

• Like 4

Looks alright.

I couldn't care less about this topic though, but if it's good I'll watch. I really liked Moneyball and that was 2 hours of a movie about something I could give two shits about. Yet...I did for two hours. Same story with Major League. Great movie.

Looks really good so far. Smith is extremely talented so I hope this is a good project and role for him. I'm still shocked he chose to do FOCUS. I mean, the issues are right there in the script and he is usually (with the exception of After Earth / passing Django) pretty savvy in choosing his projects.

Looks really good so far. Smith is extremely talented so I hope this is a good project and role for him. I'm still shocked he chose to do FOCUS. I mean, the issues are right there in the script and he is usually (with the exception of After Earth / passing Django) pretty savvy in choosing his projects.

Sorry, I'm being pedantic, but how do you know the issues were right there in the script?

The only possible nomination for this movie would be Best Actor for Smith, and tbh the field is way too crowded this year for him to make it in.

$13 million OW

$62 million DOM

And who are these surefire contenders battling for the five slots? Other than the assumed locks of Redmayne, DiCaprio, and maybe Fassbender, this is without question the most open Best Actor field since 2006 (the last time Smith was in the running, no less). Not that I'm predicting him, but if all goes well, an outside shot is there.

This looks solid btw.

• Like 1

Sorry, I'm being pedantic, but how do you know the issues were right there in the script?

Not pedantic in the least. I thought the story was very poor and that the moments meant to surprise were often ludicrous and unrealistic. I haven't read the script, but I found the fundamental aspects of the story to be extremely flawed as opposed to the acting or direction. I mention the script because the flaws were most likely evident on the page instead of there being an issue with the execution of the material.

I mention the script because the flaws were most likely evident on the page instead of there being an issue with the execution of the material.

This is a very common assumption (and one I used to make all the time), but it's actually not necessarily true. The final movie can (and often is) dramatically different than the development script (whichever draft Smith read before he signed on). Without reading the various drafts (and even beyond that, the notes given throughout the process), we don't really have a way of knowing who's at fault for all the movie's flaws.

• Like 2

This is a very common assumption (and one I used to make all the time), but it's actually not necessarily true. The final movie can (and often is) dramatically different than the development script (whichever draft Smith read before he signed on). Without reading the various drafts (and even beyond that, the notes given throughout the process), we don't really have a way of knowing who's at fault for all the movie's flaws.

Yeah you are technically right and that's a good point. Will Smith is extremely involved with the development of his films so he may have even had a hand in changes. Whatever happened, the movie was a disappointment.

• Like 1

Looks alright.

I couldn't care less about this topic though, but if it's good I'll watch. I really liked Moneyball and that was 2 hours of a movie about something I could give two shits about. Yet...I did for two hours. Same story with Major League. Great movie.

Moneyball was such a chore.

I think Baseball is a exciting as eating a bowl of cereals while watching a Teletubies episode so watching a movie trying so hard to put some dramatic depth & weight into such a meaningless subject was both hilarious & boring, pompous music & dialogs ( hi Aaron), Pitt watching empty baseball arenas like he was General Patton and had just conquered the world or prevented WWIII.

I had boring fun, if that exists.

And I like my Jonah Hill, dick out, on 1986's Ludes thank you very much.

Edited by The Futurist

Moneyball was such a chore.

I think Baseball is a exciting as eating a bowl of cereals while watching a Teletubies episode so watching a movie trying so hard to put some dramatic depth & weight into such a meaningless subject was both hilarious & boring, pompous music & dialogs ( hi Aaron), Pitt watching empty baseball arenas like was General Patton and had just conquered the world or prevented WWIII.

I had boring fun, if that exists.

And I like my Jonah Hill, dick out, on 1986's Ludes thank you very much.

But I still loved it! Reverent about shit I don't care about!

No wonder I enjoy Christian movies.

• Like 1