CJohn

Weekend Estimates: Gone Girl - 26.8M | Dracula Untold - 23.5M | Alexander - 19.1M | Annabelle - 16.4M | The Judge - 13.3M

I was going to say those Sunday drops seem slightly generous, but I guess with Columbus Day, the drops will be more like 30-40% instead of 35-45%.

Still, Gone Girl seems a tiny bit high.

Gone Girl - 26.9

Dracula Untold - 23.3

Alexander and the bad day - 19.5

Annabelle - 15.1

The Judge - 13.5

They are going by last years drops:

http://boxofficemojo.com/daily/chart/?sortdate=2013-10-13&track=gravity.htm

• Like 2

Just to further the Keanu love, check out this interview with Octavia Spencer.  In it she tells about her first encounter with Reeves, BEFORE anyone knew who she was:

• Like 4

Gone Girl has a chance to do something very special.  It's a terrific film but beyond that, it is getting terrific WOM and it's heading for a 30-35% drop, which is pretty crazy.  This is obviously going to destroy 100 mill and it really could challenge for 150 and if it gets an Oscar push, is 200 out of reach?

• Like 6

It's great to witness guys like Fincher, Scorsese and Tarantino (and, on a smaller scale, Wes Anderson and Kathryn Bigelow and others I'm surely forgetting) have their biggest financial successes ever. Even if the films themselves are not the peaks of their respective filmographies, they're still head and shoulders above 95% of everything else in wide release. 

Edited by Jake Gittes
  • Like 10

Gone Girl has a chance to do something very special.  It's a terrific film but beyond that, it is getting terrific WOM and it's heading for a 30-35% drop, which is pretty crazy.  This is obviously going to destroy 100 mill and it really could challenge for 150 and if it gets an Oscar push, is 200 out of reach?

Unless it turns into Avatar yeah, 200M is out of reach. 

• Like 2

Gone Girl has a chance to do something very special. It's a terrific film but beyond that, it is getting terrific WOM and it's heading for a 30-35% drop, which is pretty crazy. This is obviously going to destroy 100 mill and it really could challenge for 150 and if it gets an Oscar push, is 200 out of reach?

In a perfect storm it can reach a 5x multiplier at best. That amounts to around $175m, which is incredible for a film like this.

• Like 2

I think Keanu is one of the more genuinely nice guys in Hollywood. You think?

Yeah, I saw a video of him on lad bible a few weeks ago, he was on the tube and got out of his seat to allow some older women to sit there. The guy didn't know the camera was on him.

Am I the only one who was expecting $27-28 million in its 2nd weekend? Columbus Day + no major competition + great WOM=$$$.

With a $37 million OW, $115 million was the bare minimum for this (3x) 

If it gets a 25-30% drop against Fury, I'd guess $150-175 million DOM. $200 million is a little much IMO. 

Is there anyone here who have seen Dracula, Annabelle and Gone Girl (all 3 of them as I need a fair answer)? If I can only see ONE movie, which one would you recommend? I'm a big fan of fantasy & horror genre but I do love thriller with a good twist as well.

Edited by KATCH 22

Is there anyone here who have seen Dracula, Annabelle and Gone Girl (all 3 of them as I need a fair answer)? If I can only see ONE movie, which one would you recommend? I'm a big fan of fantasy & horror genre but I do love thriller with a good twist as well.

Then GG would be the one you want to watch first.

Is there anyone here who have seen Dracula, Annabelle and Gone Girl (all 3 of them as I need a fair answer)? If I can only see ONE movie, which one would you recommend? I'm a big fan of fantasy & horror genre but I do love thriller with a good twist as well.

Gone Girl

• Like 1

Is there anyone here who have seen Dracula, Annabelle and Gone Girl (all 3 of them as I need a fair answer)? If I can only see ONE movie, which one would you recommend? I'm a big fan of fantasy & horror genre but I do love thriller with a good twist as well.

Gone Girl

• Like 1

Unless it turns into Avatar yeah, 200M is out of reach.

Theres plenty of well received films that get north of a 5 multiplier. And I didnt say it was likely but it ispossible.