CJohn

Superman | July 11, 2025 | James Gunn writing and directing | David Corenswet is Clark, Rachel Brosnahan is Lois

1 hour ago, excel1 said:

SUPERMAN would be a great project for JJ Abrams or Brad Bird type to rebound with. 

Bird doesn't need to rebound from anything, does he? Unless doing a Superman film allows him to go ahead with that original musical he's been planning for the past 2 years, in which case, give it to him.

Obviously, this means I have to come up with some ideas of my own to potentially direct:

• I wouldn't mind seeing Joe Johnston do it-he's a solid director of action/adventure films (albeit more of a journeyman than other suggestions)
  • I've heard good things about Star Trek Beyond, and the F&F action sequences do look cool, so maybe Justin Lin ought to be considered for the job too
  • Maybe Gore Verbinski? I imagine his price-tage will be lower thanks to how badly his last two films did at the box office
  • Travis Knight, solely because he made a good Transformers film (bonus points if he keeps Dario Marianelli)

No one can confirm what it’s for but I assume a sequel and a cameo in shazam 2 

Some reports are saying he’ll be like the mcu hulk just appearing in other movies but I hope it leads to a sequel. 

Edited by cax16

1 minute ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Baby steps to get another Superman movie but I'll take anything at this point. Might be also more a scheduling thing with Cavill now too.

Id imagine his Witcher stuff is keeping him busy enough where he probably can’t commit to a full Superman movie yet. 

At least he’s back. Definitely would be a welcome addition to Shazam 2 or Black Adam.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MrGamer said:

Id imagine his Witcher stuff is keeping him busy enough where he probably can’t commit to a full Superman movie yet. 

At least he’s back. Definitely would be a welcome addition to Shazam 2 or Black Adam.

Hopefully a sequel in 2023, or a Shazam and Superman vs Black Adam movie in 2023.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

WB finally started listening to the fans. The box office results of Whedon's Justice League, Shazam and Birds Of Prey spoke loud. It's better to face the hate from blogs and critics, than the indifference of the audience. 

Now bring back Affleck and announce Justice League 2.

Affleck isn't coming back. Shazam made more profit than MoS and got much better reviews. Birds of Prey also got good reviews but didn't do well. Aquaman and Joker both did 1B. Snyder's entire franchise is being left far behind and they are moving ahead with things which worked. They greenlit a Shazam sequel, and not a MoS one which should tell you everything we need to know about how the studio viewed the performances.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Affleck isn't coming back. Shazam made more profit than MoS and got much better reviews. Birds of Prey also got good reviews but didn't do well. Aquaman and Joker both did 1B. Snyder's entire franchise is being left far behind and they are moving ahead with things which worked. They greenlit a Shazam sequel, and not a MoS one which should tell you everything we need to know about how the studio viewed the performances.

Agree that Snyder isn’t making any more movies but they are doing the Snyder Cut and bringing Cavill back apparently which will keep Snyder in the forefront whether they like it or not. Also while Shazam did well thanks to a lower budget I wouldn’t expect a sequel to automatically increase especially since there won’t be an Avengers  type movie in between sequels giving the character a boost

I’d day a MOs sequel with a different director that ignores BvS and JL would not be a bad idea and might please both sides 

9 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Agree that Snyder isn’t making any more movies but they are doing the Snyder Cut and bringing Cavill back apparently which will keep Snyder in the forefront whether they like it or not. Also while Shazam did well thanks to a lower budget I wouldn’t expect a sequel to automatically increase especially since there won’t be an Avengers  type movie in between sequels giving the character a boost

I’d day a MOs sequel with a different director that ignores BvS and JL would not be a bad idea and might please both sides 

Yes. I think he appears in Shazam 2 or possibly Shazam 2 becomes Shazam and Superman vs Black Adam and then JJ does his reboot magic on Superman. Get him out as soon as the reboot is done and don't allow him to make a sequel, hand it to a different director.

• Like 1