CJohn

Superman | July 11, 2025 | James Gunn writing and directing | David Corenswet is Clark, Rachel Brosnahan is Lois

With Cavill's fame being at its highest and keep on rising and him giving acclaimed performances in iconic roles and GA friendly movies... I can't see how any sensible  person would let that opportunity go. 

At the moment the guy is receiving great reviews for a family film in which he plays freaking Sherlock holmes.

• Like 2

On 9/18/2020 at 11:02 AM, WittyUsername said:

Just one more Superman movie would be nice. 

One in which SUpers does not spend half the movie moping around and feeling sorry for himself. which IMHO runied both "Superman Returns" and the Snyder version of Supes./

I think the "Superman, despite his Kryptonian birth, is basically Clark Kent, a nice kid from Kansas who want to use his powers to help people" is the way to go.

Edited by dudalb

20 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Please bring Snyder back too to direct this 🙏

If you think that is going to happen you are really living in you own reality.....

BU then, you are convicned that Snyder take on Supes was universally beloved.......

I

5 hours ago, dudalb said:

If you think that is going to happen you are really living in you own reality.....

BU then, you are convicned that Snyder take on Supes was universally beloved.......

I didn't say I'm expecting Snyder to direct this. It's just a wish. I also never claimed Snyder films are universally beloved. Twisting my words only makes my point of view look more valid.

3 hours ago, belblazer said:

CW announced the last season of Supergirl. I'm starting to think that her solo movie is coming and MoS2 will have to wait a little bit more.

Supergirl is ending purely due to ratings (it has sunk to one of the lowest averages of the CW/DC shows) - but The CW is giving it a 20-episode final order, which is apparently more than they are doing for numerous other current seasons due to COVID complications... so they are letting it go out with respect.  But it probably won't premiere until next Summer, and they will stretch it out through 2021/probably split the season...so it will feel like two.  And of course like everyone, they are also playing catch-up with last season's early cut-offs. 

But yes, I would also bet on seeing a Supergirl film get made (or nothing at all for a long while) before we see another Superman solo.  Though the WB/CW relationship with characters seems to be more fluid...I think that if WB truly had any concrete plans for a Superman feature...they wouldn't let the upcoming CW show happen to dilute the brand (I'm surprised that show is happening anyway; the actors are milquetoast even for CW standards...) 

On 9/23/2020 at 10:37 AM, WittyUsername said:

The idea that WB would rather make a Superman show for the CW than a new Superman movie is somewhat annoying to think about. We can’t even at least get an HBO Max show? We have to settle for the CW of all things?

Cause Warners thnks there is more money to be made by putting Supes on a Broadcast Network.

But agree that Supes should be kept for a new movie.

On 9/22/2020 at 4:13 PM, WittyUsername said:

I don’t even know who would be ideal to direct a Superman movie at this point, but it definitely shouldn’t be Snyder

I would actually suggest that Warners tries to interest the Russo brs since the way they handled Cap  has been suggested as a good template for handling Supes..making a charecter who has a reputation as something of  a prig  and a boyscout into a sympathetic charecter.