CJohn

Superman | July 11, 2025 | James Gunn writing and directing | David Corenswet is Clark, Rachel Brosnahan is Lois

9 minutes ago, Hades said:

This Henry guy is not reliable..... the report where it says he is playing knock-offs like  Captain Britain and Hyperion is more reliable..:sparta:

Those reports never made the least bit of sense - why would Cavill want to play a Superman knockoff? If he was to play a different superhero, it would have to be completely different to Superman.

Heard the Cavill news and was ready to start this topic, but saw that it was already started 8 years ago!

We Superman fans that wanted a real Superman sequel have been fucking starved for about decade now!☹️

Edited by Mojoguy
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, kayumanggi said:

But what about 2024? The big ones they have are only GODZILLA VS KONG II and FURIOSA. I think we'll get a lot of DC news soon. Maybe 2 DC movies in 2024.

My Guess Is that Blue Beetle Will move to 2024. Joker 2 is also already scheduled for 2024

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

The question is, who will be willing to direct a Superman film at this point? Directing a Superman movie seems almost as undesirable as directing a Star Wars movie. 

I wouldn't put it quite down in those doldrums, but yeah...it's a tough sell for any A-list director (especially with a previously-cast, somewhat divisive guy attached), unless they get a realllllllly good script. 

I'd love Brad Bird, McQuarrie, someone like that. Rian would be interesting because it would come with a helluva script. Shaka King maybe on that list?

I'm iffy on JJ. If they let him leave it open and not make him tie it to anything, I think he'd do great. But if he has to continue something already established or END??? something, no way.

Can't think of any off the top of my head, but maybe a director or writer who is an actual immigrant?