CJohn

Superman | July 11, 2025 | James Gunn writing and directing | David Corenswet is Clark, Rachel Brosnahan is Lois

9 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I don’t know if he was joking, but James Gunn clearly loves having cute animals in his movies, so it wouldn’t surprise me if Krypto is in this, especially since there’s also supposed to be a Supergirl movie. 

And, boy, did he indulge his fondness for cute animals in GOTG 3.....

And if we are trying to parse where Gunn is going with Supes, I think the is using the  painting on the cover of All Star Superman One indicates that excellent series might give us a hint

Corenswet getting it would be rather predictable but at the same time he's neither anything close to a household name or a total "who?" either (already having a few high profile projects under his belt) so his career would benefit from this should he ultimately land the part (from the sounds of it, he's already moving to the screen test stage).

Just hoping they don't make the Kate Bosworth mistake of going too young with Lois.

• Like 2

David Corenswet would be a great choice, he was great in Pearl and definitely has the look. Elordi not even throwing his name into the ring despite Twitter being in love with him and convinced he’s the number 1 pick is pretty funny.

Rachel Brosnahan or Samara Weaving would be my pick for Lois out of those names.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SnokesLegs said:

David Corenswet would be a great choice, he was great in Pearl and definitely has the look. Elordi not even throwing his name into the ring despite Twitter being in love with him and convinced he’s the number 1 pick is pretty funny.

Rachel Brosnahan or Samara Weaving would be my pick for Lois out of those names.

Poor @excel1

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1
  • Disbelief 1

David Corenswet (loved him in Hollywood and Pearl) as Superman and Samara Weaving (a queen) as Lois Lane would be perfect.

Weaving would bring more to the role than the others, IMO. Bridgerton was all one note from everyone. 

Decision made, roll the cameras! 

• Like 2