CJohn

Superman | July 11, 2025 | James Gunn writing and directing | David Corenswet is Clark, Rachel Brosnahan is Lois

20 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

In essence he's a perfect fit for the Tampa Bay Rays

JJ during Force Awakens and Star Trek 09: Clayton Kershaw during the regular season

JJ during Rise of Skywalker and Into Darkness: Clayton Kershaw during the post season

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Macleod said:

William Goldman. 

Not sure how a corpse could write a Superman film, but having the guy who wrote The Princess Bride and All the President's Men do a Superman film  has my full support.

Come to think of it, J.J. Abrams’ movies have a tendency to be kind of dark and depressing, in addition to emphasizing big action sequences at the expense of the story, which were some pretty big complaints about MoS. I guess Abrams’ movies usually don’t have it as bad as Zack Snyder’s in that regard, but TRoS was more of a downer than I would’ve expected it to be. 

Edited by WittyUsername

THE SITUATION with Henry Cavill and Superman is … complicated. Sources tell Heat Vision that Cavill is not in any negotiations for any cameo. And t hat the character is currently not in any written script. Not in Black Adam, not The Batman, not even in The Flash, which would be the most obvious project to insert the Kryptonian, seeing as the film deals with both time travel and an alternate Earth, and could serve as an easy entry point.

The keyword in all of this is “currently.” There is, however, interest in and ideas about and exploratory talks regarding what a Cavill appearance might look like.

But remember, in Hollywood anything goes. Cavill as Superman was to have made a cameo appearance in 2019’s Shazam! but when talks got too complicated, the scene was shot with just the Man of Steel’s torso.”

Edited by cax16
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

The general consensus on Damon Lindelof seems to be that he’s something of a hit and miss sort of writer, but he’d be preferable over someone like Alex Kurtzman. 

He literally wrote three of the best reviewed seasons of the 2010s

5 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

The general consensus on Damon Lindelof seems to be that he’s something of a hit and miss sort of writer, but he’d be preferable over someone like Alex Kurtzman. 

Most people would be preferable to Alex Kurtzman given Kurtzman's track record.

And Kurtzman's preferable to Roberto Orci given that Kurtzman's not a conspiracy theorist nut.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, TMP said:

He literally wrote three of the best reviewed seasons of the 2010s

I didn’t say he’s a bad writer. I’m saying that not everything he’s written has been a slam dunk. In general, he seems to have a better track record with television than with movies. 

15 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I didn’t say he’s a bad writer. I’m saying that not everything he’s written has been a slam dunk. In general, he seems to have a better track record with television than with movies. 

He has a flawless record with DC superhero projects though:sparta:

Just let Lindelof be the sole writer this time. Cowboys and Aliens, Star Trek and its sequel were co-written by two garbage writers (and I'm pretty sure Lindelof is the reason both Star Trek movies weren't completely awful) and WWZ was rewritten multiple times. Prometheus is great and The Hunt was a good time. I'd say Lindelof is more hit than miss. Probably a bit biased though because he wrote what's probably my favourite TV show of all time.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Probably a bit biased though because he wrote what's probably my favourite TV show of all time.

So you finally saw the Leftovers I take it?