Olive

Avengers: Age of Ultron OS Thread | $945.7M OS | $1.405B WW

Furious 7 didn't even have small markets left to open in after that first weekend really. Its first weekend was 64 territories. Last weekend it was only up to 68 territories.

Chile, Spain, Malaysia, Peru, and Thailand might not be huge markets, but together they made the first Avengers movie over $50M. Mexico and the ~35 smaller markets opening up next weekend will add up to a decent amount cumulatively.

I know, That's why I said that F7 missed 3 main markets!

Mexico is a much bigger market right now than Russia and lots of smaller markets adds up :  Malaysia, Thailand, Spain, Venezuela, Chile, Columbia, Ecuador, Thailand etc

Especially for FF7 it has done huge business in Mexico.

I thought China's release date was May 12th? Either way China would of added bare minimum 50 million to this figure.

I agree seem's tailor made for China IMO.

It is opening on May 12th. What I meant is that May 12th is a Tuesday I believe. So that "first weekend" will actually be most of a week. Also, Iron Man 3 opened to over $64M in its first 5 days in China, so the chance of AoU opening to only $50M in 6 days is non-existant. 

Edited by kswiston

It is opening on May 12th. What I meant is that May 12th is a Tuesday I believe. So that "first weekend" will actually be most of a week. Also, Iron Man 3 opened to over $64M in its first 5 days in China, so the chance of AoU opening to only $50M in 6 days is non-existant. 

Oh I see yes i agree meant to type 70 mil lol!