Olive

Avengers: Age of Ultron OS Thread | $945.7M OS | $1.405B WW

Where else? Surely there's more if it is winning "most".

In Spain F7 is gonna win as well. Lets not forget small markets might make a bigger impact here if all put together. Fast 7 is gonna end with 6M in Portugal, where Avengers is gonna do something like 2-2.5M.

• Like 1

I think Europe is in favor of F7 while asia/brazil mostly is AOU minus India and Taiwan(?). I am sure someone will do the comparisons once we get weekend numbers. I think battle between F7 and AOU OS will get interesting.

Olive said Taiwan set a new 1 day record with TA2 on Saturday but I agree with your overall point. They both are currently looking at 1.1B. TA2 has more potential aka China as FF7 seems to slowing down OS to around 1.08-1.1B. 

I think Europe is in favor of F7 while asia/brazil mostly is AOU minus India and Taiwan(?). I am sure someone will do the comparisons once we get weekend numbers. I think battle between F7 and AOU OS will get interesting.

Possibly.  The truth has yet to be determined. Raphael stated F7 was winning most of the markets as if it was a fact. Yet he only cited 3 markets where it was winning. This is what people are responding to.

• Like 1

France and I think most of europe. Wait for weekend numbers to release and we can do the comparison. I think its close between both. F7 had mexico while AOU has Russia. But Korea is so big that AOU will win OW battle for sure.

FF7 is bigger in Europe except from the UK AOU has opened a lot bigger in my backyard lol. Will be close but SK AOU win's by a mile so will effect it.

I know, That's why I said that F7 missed 3 main markets!

It seemed as though you were trying to equate the two though, saying both are only missing 3-4 main markets that first weekend. Furious 7 was ONLY missing 3-4 markets, even if two of them were large. Age of Ultron might only have a couple large markets left to launch in (China, Mexico, Japan if they feel like showing up), but cumulatively those other 30+ markets are going to be a lot bigger for age of Ultron than Russia and Japan were for Furious 7. 

Japan is barely a major market for most hollywood films these days. Furious 7 is going to end with like $20M there. That's not significantly higher than the film's take in Malaysia. 

• Like 1

In Spain F7 is gonna win as well. Lets not forget small markets might make a bigger impact here if all put together. Fast 7 is gonna end with 6M in Portugal, where Avengers is gonna do something like 2-2.5M.

LOL sure it "might". But none of this has been determined. When you state something as fact. You better have the data to back it up.

FF7 is bigger in Europe except from the UK AOU has opened a lot bigger in my backyard lol. Will be close but SK AOU win's by a mile so will effect it.

In SK, TA2 will beat FF7 in admissions and gross by Sunday. Potential gap between the 2 could be as much as 70M in that market. 

• Like 1

forums.boxofficetheory.com/index.php?/topic/18398-furious-7-avengers-2-os/page-3#entry1987786

Cool was obvious really..

In SK, TA2 will beat FF7 in admissions and gross by Sunday. Potential gap between the 2 could be as much as 70M in that market. 

Wow SK sure does love Avenger's lol!

These 'in how many markets is one movie ahead of the other on OW' are pretty pointless anyway since China will be deciding everything OS in the end. In that regard being ahead in China is more important than a lot of medium-sized or small markets put together.

More than enough to offset any gap in Europe B)

I would imagine that China will be strongly in Furious 7's favour though. AoU could end with $250M there (which would be 3rd of all time I believe) and still be short nearly $100M.