Olive

Avengers: Age of Ultron OS Thread | $945.7M OS | $1.405B WW

Wow the evolution is quite unexpected for The Netherlands o_o

France +13% I'm glad :D

Indonesia is incredible!

I tought it would have been the case for hole europe, I realy tought the OW would be 40% bigger than avengers, but only Netherlands (and probably Belgium) will reach that numbers. I can honestly say before avenger came out SH weren't all that populair (still not huge but it got a huge boost) that why I tought europa would have given us beter numbers.

I tought it would have been the case for hole europe, I realy tought the OW would be 40% bigger than avengers, but only Netherlands (and probably Belgium) will reach that numbers. I can honestly say before avenger came out SH weren't all that populair (still not huge but it got a huge boost) that why I tought europa would have given us beter numbers.

Exchange rates are a mess in Europe, otherwise increases would've been in your range. Remember Euro is down about 20%. 

We expected for several months than Avengers 2 could have a small decrease because of the exchange rates.

Just remember that those increases are usually in local currency. So it might drop actually in USD even if studio reports an increase. 

I figured that out because there is no way it could gain 13% in France in $.

But +13% in euros is fantastic, I'm glad, that means comicbook movies are really increasingly popular in Europe..If the exchanges rates are improving by 2018/2019 it could be absolutely HUGE.

So it broke the OD record in Indonesia. I'm pretty sure it'll end up as the highest grossing film in Indonesia. It has wider appeal than FF7.

I knew it! And if I remember correctly, the first Avengers movie opened on Friday, so that 99% increase is even more impressive. :D

I knew it! And if I remember correctly, the first Avengers movie opened on Friday, so that 99% increase is even more impressive. :D

I didn't know what day Avengers opened because I wasn't in Indonesia at that time.

Btw have you seen the video where Cinta Laura interviewed Chris Hemsworth and Chris Evans ? Hemsworth spoke in Bahasa Indonesia and Evans went "Huh?"

• Like 1

@giteshpandya: #AvengersAgeOfUltron grossed $9.5M on intl opening day from 11 mkts. #1 opening day of alltime in Indonesia & Philippines.

@giteshpandya: Compared to opening day of 1st #Avengers, #AgeOfUltron was +13% in France, +32% Taiwan, +52% Netherlands & +99% Indonesia.

I didn't know what day Avengers opened because I wasn't in Indonesia at that time.

Btw have you seen the video where Cinta Laura interviewed Chris Hemsworth and Chris Evans ? Hemsworth spoke in Bahasa Indonesia and Evans went "Huh?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coNK0aGPMeo

That's funny.  Chris Evans is a little stunned.  Although it sounded like he doesn't remember that much.

• Like 1

We expected for several months than Avengers 2 could have a small decrease because of the exchange rates.

I was talking in local currency but it seemed like the rest of europe doesn't realy like SH (with exception UK) But UK is mini DOM most of the time :D

No I haven't. I don't watch local channels that much. Maybe 1 or 2 hours in a week lol. Cinta Laura was the interviewer? That's... new. Ah yes, she lives in LA and she does speak perfect English. Maybe that's why.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coNK0aGPMeo

That's funny.  Chris Evans is a little stunned.  Although it sounded like he doesn't remember that much.

Thanks for the video! Chris Evans looked so amazed :lol:. In another video, they couldn't stop laughing because of that lol. At first I was surprised too, but then I remember in Australia, Indonesian language is one of the subjects in some schools.

Edited by catlover

I don't see how it could miss 1 billion $400M DOM+$400M Asia +$200M everywhere else this is assuming very small numbers.

edit:  I guess not for Asia, but everywhere else

I wasn't talking about 1B OS which is a done deal. I was talking about who wins between TA2 and FF7 OS.

• Like 1