Olive

Avengers: Age of Ultron OS Thread | $945.7M OS | $1.405B WW

Yes, but without recording breaking numbers DOM for TA1 and probably TA2 there could be a fight WW. And if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle. :P

Bit different FF7 is biggest movie of all time in China TA had record weekend's but not a record gross.

LOL sure it "might". But none of this has been determined. When you state something as fact. You better have the data to back it up.

I am not stating it as a fact. I actually think that even with F7 winning in Europe Avengers will win in total OS with Asia and Latin America exploding :)

Bit different FF7 is biggest movie of all time in China TA had record weekend's but not a record gross.

China is an expanding market though. However impressive FF7's gross there may be a top 3 of all time DOM gross for TA1 was still more impressive imo.

I am not stating it as a fact. I actually think that even with F7 winning in Europe Avengers will win in total OS with Asia and Latin America exploding :)

I was talking about Raphael not you. :lol:   

How could TA2 get only half the number of screens FF7 got? TA1 was successful in India...

This is from the distributors -

"While Avengers: Age Of Ultron too will have outstanding numbers from its India theatrical release, it may not be as big as Fast and Furious 7, courtesy a very simple release – the relative release size! While Fast and Furious 7 had released on the E-Cinema projection systems too, Avengers: Age Of Ultron will limit itself to the 2K digital projection platforms only, like all the major Hollywood film studios do. So, against the 2300 (approx) screens that Fast and Furious 7 released in, Avengers: Age Of Ultron may release only in about 1200 screens. However, if you look at the screen-wise collections, I’m quite sure Avengers: Age Of Ultron will score well over Fast and Furious 7."

Edited by Infernus

China is an expanding market though. However impressive FF7's gross there may be a top 3 of all time DOM gross for TA1 was still more impressive imo.

True in a few years FF7 may drop out of top 3 all time in China Avengers will be top 3 dom for a few years more yet at least IMO.

This is from the distributors -

"While Avengers: Age Of Ultron too will have outstanding numbers from its India theatrical release, it may not be as big as Fast and Furious 7, courtesy a very simple release – the relative release size! While Fast and Furious 7 had released on the E-Cinema projection systems too, Avengers: Age Of Ultron will limit itself to the 2K digital projection platforms only, like all the major Hollywood film studios do. So, against the 2300 (approx) screens that Fast and Furious 7 released in, Avengers: Age Of Ultron may release only in about 1200 screens. However, if you look at the screen-wise collections, I’m quite sure Avengers: Age Of Ultron will score well over Fast and Furious 7."

Weird strategy from Disney, they're usually pretty ambitious.

Also you guys are highly underestimating AOU in china. 250m is not the max for it there, instead its closer to being the min. It can gross anything from 250 to 300. We were expecting around 250m for it when we were expecting around 170 for F7. F7 went on to gross more than double of that. I don't see why AOU can't atleast increase a little.

Edited by Infernus
  • Like 1

Also yiu guys are highly underestimating AOU in china. 250m is not the max for it there but the almost a min. It can gross anything from 250 to 300. We were expectong around 250m for it when we were expecting around 170 for F7. F7 went on to gross more than double of that. I don't see why AOU can't atleast increase a little.

Indeed, TA2 can go beyond our expectations, it did it in HK and Taiwan after all.

Also yiu guys are highly underestimating AOU in china. 250m is not the max for it there but the almost a min. It can gross anything from 250 to 300. We were expectong around 250m for it when we were expecting around 170 for F7. F7 went on to gross more than double of that. I don't see why AOU can't atleast increase a little.

coz release schedule i think :) but i hope for a boom 

I think it's always best to be conservative with Chinese gross until we have some numbers, but I fully expect China to more than make up for any domestic decrease. Which means that Age of Ultron should have no problem passing $1.5B if the rest of the foreign markets hit $800M (or basically make what the last film did). 

If the Domestic drop is less than $100M, foreign minus China markets won't even need to match the last film. 

Edited by kswiston

Yes, but without record breaking numbers DOM for TA1 and probably TA2 there could be a fight WW. And if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle. :P

That wasn't my point. AOU has become the top seed to take DOM, OS and WW crown this year since 2012. Nobody expected FF7 to reach a billion until PW's death and nobody gave FF7 a chance to beat AOU OS and then came that China number......

Russia and Venezuela also opened later for F7. They are not trivial markets.

No, actually, Venezuela opened on apr 1st, two days before DOM.

FF7 had a 5 days weekend bc it was a holiday.

Adm apr 1-2: 48k (Estimate: $1.3m)

Adm apr 3-5: 183k (estimate: $4.6m)

Total: $5.67m

TA OW: $1,585,295

TA2 is gonna have a 4 days weekend.

Edited by AD3S
  • Like 3

No, actually, Venezuela opened on apr 1st, two days before DOM.

FF7 had a 5 days weekend bc it was a holiday.

Adm apr 1-2: 48k (Estimate: $1.3m)

Adm apr 3-5: 183k (estimate: $4.6m)

Total: $5.67m

TA OW: $1,585,295

TA2 is gonna have a 4 days weekend.

What is your prediction for TA2 OW? Total?