Olive

Avengers: Age of Ultron OS Thread | $945.7M OS | $1.405B WW

I would imagine that China will be strongly in Furious 7's favour though. AoU could end with $250M there (which would be 3rd of all time I believe) and still be short nearly $100M. 

More than $100m if it ends with $250m. FF7 is looking at a $360-375m total.

I would imagine that China will be strongly in Furious 7's favour though. AoU could end with $250M there (which would be 3rd of all time I believe) and still be short nearly $100M. 

Latin America should help TA2 as well, it's already the case in Brazil.

AoU might very well end up with a smaller overseas take than Furious 7, but it is still pretty cool that we are likely going to get two $1B+ overseas films this year, considering that we've only had two in history so far, and that the USD is so strong against foreign currency at the moment. 

• Like 2

Its korea. Movies tend to have a good run for few weeks and then collapse after that. Even RC slowed down after 3 weeks.

I know that. If it doesn't collapse in week 3 than we're looking at 11-12M admissions and remember it doesn't have competition for couple of more weeks. 

Edited by druv10

And AoU will win ww? And all this nonsense about which movie grossed more will end. Thanks for playing!

Even with a healthy decrease, domestic gross is going to give AoU a $150-200M lead on F7, so I don't think many people were doubting that. 

These 'in how many markets is one movie ahead of the other on OW' are pretty pointless anyway since China will be deciding everything OS in the end. In that regard being ahead in China is more important than a lot of medium-sized or small markets put together.

That's true.

But without that record breaking number in China for FF7 there wouldn't even be a fight between the two for the OS crown.

• Like 1

What was the last movie to win the year worldwide without winning the year OS ? I know Transformers and Frozen did the opposite these past 2 years, winning WW and OS but not DOM.

Toy story 3

EDIT: It was 3rd that year OS behind Alice and HP 7. 

Edited by kswiston

Fast 7 is looking at 1.4 billion max, AOU is looking at 1.5 billion min

So its not a race but its closer then expected. 

1.4B should happen for Furious 7. it will be at 1.33 after this weekend. China alone will add 40m more. AOU will make 1.6B. I dont think anyone believes WW Furious 7 has any chance.

That's true.

But without that record breaking number in China for FF7 there wouldn't even be a fight between the two for the OS crown.

Yes, but without record breaking numbers DOM for TA1 and probably TA2 there could be a fight WW. And if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle. :P

Edited by Cynosure
  • Like 1

1.4B should happen for Furious 7. it will be at 1.33 after this weekend. China alone will add 40m more. AOU will make 1.6B. I dont think anyone believes WW Furious 7 has any chance.

Age of Ultron would need to decrease overseas outside of China by at least $50M (vs Avengers), need to decrease domestically by about $125M, and need a lower end Chinese gross based on current expectations (say $150M total) for Furious 7 to have a shot worldwide. 

Edited by kswiston