Olive

Avengers: Age of Ultron OS Thread | $945.7M OS | $1.405B WW

Conflict with the main distributor and the main movie chain in Colombia, so no OW record to expect for TA2, let's hope they will resolve this fast enough, because it's one of TA2's most promising markets in Latin America in terms of growth.

Conflict with the main distributor and the main movie chain in Colombia, so no OW record to expect for TA2, let's hope they will resolve this fast enough, because it's one of TA2's most promising markets in Latin America in terms of growth.

There is LITERALLY nothing going right for this movie. Those crappy exchange rates, this, no holiday openings, very-bad release date in china, that too on a tuesday and with a number of other hollywood and local movies releasing very close to it, people watching it with the "better than first one or not" mindset causing reduction im good WOM and many other things. Even here in India it is releasing in less than half the no. of screens than FF7.

Edited by Infernus
  • Like 1

There is LITERALLY nothing going right for this movie. Those crappy exchange rates, this, no holiday openings, very-bad release date in china, that too on a tuesday and with a number of other hollywood and local movies releasing very close to it, people watching it with the "better than first one or not" mindset causing reduction im good WOM and many other things. Even here in India it is releasing in less than half the no. of screens than FF7.

That's what I thought this morning as well, it's just incredible for a movie to be so unlucky..Despite this it manages to break some records already so kudos to the Avengers :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coNK0aGPMeo

That's funny.  Chris Evans is a little stunned.  Although it sounded like he doesn't remember that much.

So do you know Indonesian language too ? He knows the usual basic words, but I'm pleasantly surprised when he asked about the weather. :lol: . His pronunciation is good,  maybe better than the interviewer :P

No I haven't. I don't watch local channels that much. Maybe 1 or 2 hours in a week lol. Cinta Laura was the interviewer? That's... new. Ah yes, she lives in LA and she does speak perfect English. Maybe that's why.

Thanks for the video! Chris Evans looked so amazed :lol:. In another video, they couldn't stop laughing because of that lol. At first I was surprised too, but then I remember in Australia, Indonesian language is one of the subjects in some schools.

I don't watch local channels too. I knew it from my sister. Cinta Laura speaks great English, but her Indonesian is urghhh :wacko: .

1. Avengers: Age of Ultron opened in another 15 territories yesterday and has grossed $44.8 million in two days. South Korea took in 96% of the market share for $4.9 million and had the most admissions of any industry flick in history. Russia had a 91% market share for $3.7 million. The sequel is 65% above the original Avengers. Other strong markets include the UK ($5.4 million), France ($4.4 million) and Brazil ($3.4 million). South Africa, India, and Vietnam opened today.
  • Like 5

1. Avengers: Age of Ultron opened in another 15 territories yesterday and has grossed $44.8 million in two days. South Korea took in 96% of the market share for $4.9 million and had the most admissions of any industry flick in history. Russia had a 91% market share for $3.7 million. The sequel is 65% above the original Avengers. Other strong markets include the UK ($5.4 million), France ($4.4 million) and Brazil ($3.4 million). South Africa, India, and Vietnam opened today.

I'd love to have OD numbers for TA1 to compare, please someone? I hope France did better :)

Just for comparison: F7 took $60m OS in two days..

In much more territories and benefiting from holidays in several markets.

Not comparable.

• Like 6