kitik

Weekend actuals (Big Hero 6 56.2, Interstellar 47.5)

Other than the language, I think what I'd change about Interstellar is

more focus on the planets and less time in the boring ship. Also a few things needed to be explained about why Plan A didn't work. I still don't get that? 4 people can fly to the new world but no one else? Why?

• Like 1

more focus on the planets and less time in the boring ship. Also a few things needed to be explained about why Plan A didn't work. I still don't get that? 4 people can fly to the new world but no one else? Why?

What was wrong with the language?

This was the last mission NASA could afford. Fuel and supplies were limited.

Edited by CloneWars
  • Like 1

What was wrong with the language?

This was the last mission NASA could afford. Fuel and supplies were limited.

I thought all the constant scientific language was kind of a turn off. I love science and sci-fi, but I can see where the GA would get very confused. Thanks for clearing up the spoiler for me. I didn't recall them ever saying that. 

• Like 1

Plan A required solving an equation that wasn't solvable because they didn't have the data to solve it. The data needed to solve it comes from directly interacting with a black hole. They wanted to save a large portion of the population and didn't have the time to send them out on separate 1-4 man missions.

• Like 1

Plan A required solving an equation that wasn't solvable because they didn't have the data to solve it. The data needed to solve it comes from directly interacting with a black hole. They wanted to save a large portion of the population and didn't have the time to send them out on separate 1-4 man missions.

Although, let's face it,

Plan A is really just Plan B on a bigger scale. Sure, you'd be able to maybe save a couple thousand people, but even in a depopulated earth, that's still just a tiny fraction of humanity.

Although, let's face it,

Plan A is really just Plan B on a bigger scale. Sure, you'd be able to maybe save a couple thousand people, but even in a depopulated earth, that's still just a tiny fraction of humanity.

That's true, 

but I imagine that Plan A was just an initial starter. By solving the equation and apparently understanding 4? 5? dimensional travel, they could work to escalate the evacuation to the point where they are at the end of the film.

At least, that's how I figure it worked.

That's true, 

but I imagine that Plan A was just an initial starter. By solving the equation and apparently understanding 4? 5? dimensional travel, they could work to escalate the evacuation to the point where they are at the end of the film.

At least, that's how I figure it worked.

That's true, although

there's a time factor involved and you'd figure they'd only be able to do a couple of trips before they ran out of time on Earth. (Given that it took two years for a far smaller ship to get to Saturn.)*

* I guess they could explain that away with "magical gravity-field engine", since that's why it takes to get off the Earth anyway. Still, there's not nearly enough room on that O'Neill station for more than a few tens of thousands of people, I'd guess.

It's just your opinion, but it's for two movies that you HAVEN'T seen.

If that's not pre-judging a movie, I don't know what is.

Yes, I am pre-judging two films. I have seen enough Nolan films and enough of those holiday family films al Annie to assume what I am getting from the latest Nolan and the latest holiday crowd-pleaser. What I get from Nolan films I am not interested in getting again, and what I get from holiday "heartwarming" films is something that I certainly want to experience again.

• Like 1