Fancyarcher

Monday Actuals: Nolan - 5.2M, BH6 - 5.1M

This is a really controversial subject matter but one can argue that the shooting pretty much effected the box office for a couple of months. Things didn't really completely rebound until WiR and Skyfall.

Ok....If that were true, the legs would have not been effected at all since it would effect the entire run.   There is no way that can support a negative effect on legs.   And when you say "completely rebound"...that implies the box office was rebounding during the run....which would improve legs.

That whole thing smelled like the Eboloa scare to me.....media invention.   Somehow it only lasted until TDKR left theaters, eh?   And animated movies released during that time did ok....family movies would have been most effected if it were real.

Ok....If that were true, the legs would have not been effected at all since it would effect the entire run.   There is no way that can support a negative effect on legs.   And when you say "completely rebound"...that implies the box office was rebounding during the run....which would improve legs.

That whole thing smelled like the Eboloa scare to me.....media invention.   Somehow it only lasted until TDKR left theaters, eh?   And animated movies released during that time did ok....family movies would have been most effected if it were real.

I'm sure that the shooting scared a lot of people of seeing TDKR in the subsequent weekends

• Like 1

I'm sure that the shooting scared a lot of people of seeing TDKR in the subsequent weekends

Why would you be sure of that?

The OW would be the one most effected since that's when the news was all over the story...if there was an effect at all.

I believe TDKR fans are trying to have the cake and eat it too here.   The shootings were claimed to have hurt the OW when it didn't get near Avengers....now it's claimed to have killed the legs too?   This is truly an all-purpose excuse!

Edited by Harpospoke

Why would you be sure of that?

The OW would be the one most effected since that's when the news was all over the story...if there was an effect at all.

I believe TDKR fans are trying to have the cake and eat it too here.   The shootings were claimed to have hurt the OW when it didn't get near Avengers....now it's claimed to have killed the legs too?   This is truly an all-purpose excuse!

I'll take that you're joking

I'll take that you're joking

Not at all.   That whole thing never made any sense to me.   The numbers never backed any of it up.  (there is no logical reason to believe TDKR should have made more than it did...if anything it should have made less)   Media created "fear" that never actually existed in real life.

And in this case...either the OW was effected or the legs were...you can't have both.

Not at all.   That whole thing never made any sense to me.   The numbers never backed any of it up.  (there is no logical reason to believe TDKR should have made more than it did...if anything it should have made less)   Media created "fear" that never actually existed in real life.

And in this case...either the OW was effected or the legs were...you can't have both.

The OW was absolutely hurt by the shootings. 

• Like 1

tumblr_mnkqiwz6qM1qjauvdo2_250.gif

• Like 4

of course we can

OW was hurt by the shooting, period.

the shooting did hurt its legs, not by much though. The average joe who planned to watch TDKR in the subsequent  weekends or dollar theater, after all the frenzy of a usual event film, could have gave up to watch it at home. 

Incredible WOM kicking in.

:P 

Big goddamn flop domestically---ohhhh shieeeeeet!!!! LOL

Where are those Nolan is invincible dreamers out there..

DAmn and 300+M in total costs. Can OS Save this one???  Wow Tele's club could have been lower

he gave Nolan fans too much credit. Without a batman or SH connection helping to fuel this film and its

sort of lackluster trailers, Nolan's name isnt quite living up to that 20mil paycheck and 20% of the gross now is it.

Is Nolan becoming the next Shaylman N. Night????!!