Olive

Weekend Numbers THG: 123, BH6 20.1, IS 15.1 pg 205

So are this box office disappointments a result of the box office actually disappointing? Or just us not using common sense and blowing predictions out of proportion?

LOL The reasons vary from poster to poster.  I don't think anyone blew predictions out of proportion for this movie. Most people saw a small drop off. So yeah a significant decrease from the previous movies is disappointing.

Now as far as the box office being a disappointment overall. That's impossible. The movie is gonna make a huge profit.

• Like 2

Happy Birthday.

May God grant you victory over your enemies.

I hope so :lol: 

Happy birthday

You gonna celebrate your big 21st birthday at the park tonight?

No :lol: Just gonna have dinner with my family. I have an exam early next week so there won't be any late night parties with friends :lol:

I wasn't following BO back then. 125M was 23M over the previous series record. How much were people expecting it to do?!

i think about 140m.

It had been 5 years since a potter film was released on a friday. When gof opened in 2005 (the last time a HP film had a fri release date) it was the fourth highest ow of all time. And HBP had a five day gross of 160m.....also twilight managed a 140m ow a year earlier. So the 125m ow for dh1 was very dissappointing

Edited by Lumos
  • Like 5

So are this box office disappointments a result of the box office actually disappointing? Or just us not using common sense and blowing predictions out of proportion?

A bit of both I believe. For franchises like this the BO won't ever disappoint. They'll make their producers tons of money. But most of MJ1's OW predictions weren't exaggerated. People were expecting it to open in the same general area (150M) and have worse legs and possibly end up in the 380-400M zone. It's too soon to tell, but the fact there is a chance, even if a small one, that this could miss 130M makes the OW disappointing a bit. At least in my eyes.

• Like 1

Happy Birthday CJohn! I feel like you are growing up right before our eyes, LOL.

So true :lol: I started as a Ethan/Tarzan in 2008 with 14 years old and now I am a normal person with 21 years :lol:

• Like 8