Olive

Weekend Numbers THG: 123, BH6 20.1, IS 15.1 pg 205

Looking at how the movie posters have changed for Hunger Games 1-3 is interesting.  They started off showing off her feminine looking face/long hair and now have her way in the distance, where you can't tell how long her hair is and she appears to be wearing body armor like a soldier.  A very gender neutral poster.

Huh?

• Like 1

I love THG. I always want it to do the absolute best. But I can't lie and pretend that I didn't walk out of MJ1 thinking "it was okay, I guess."

No no, I can totally see why you would think that. I think personally they should have added Katniss going to the other disctricts into this one rather than cram it into part 2. There was so much more they could have put in this.

• Like 1

No no, I can totally see why you would think that. I think personally they should have added Katniss going to the other disctricts into this one rather than cram it into part 2. There was so much more they could have put in this.

They should have added a lot more scenes that didn't involve Katniss. The story was just weak.

• Like 1

Looking at how the movie posters have changed for Hunger Games 1-3 is interesting.  They started off showing off her feminine looking face/long hair and now have her way in the distance, where you can't tell how long her hair is and she appears to be wearing body armor like a soldier.  A very gender neutral poster.

zeze.gif

• Like 3

Huh?

On the poster for Hunger Games 1 it is a close up of a woman's face.  Just like how products aimed at female audiences (Covergirl, Maybeline, etc.) zoom in on the female's face.  But the movie poster for this one is very distant.  Products aimed more at men don't have close-ups.  Soap operas use the close-ups.  They've changed their marketing strategy a little bit knowing that 42% of the audience for this is male.  When they marketed the 1st movie, they didn't think that so many males would show up, so they they did the Covergirl/Maybeline close-up shot on the poster.