Olive

Weekend Numbers THG: 123, BH6 20.1, IS 15.1 pg 205

They may try to describe it away, but based on the description of what Sci-fi is, all of those things are sci-fi.  They may also be other things as well, of course.  I don't understand why people are so resistant to the idea of a film straddling multiple genres.

A sci-fi horror is a sci-fi.  And it's horror too.  How is that hard to understand?

• Like 2

I just got back from seeing MJ pt 1 a second time but this time with my dad and brother who haven't read the book. They were really dissappointed to be honest. And they loved the first two movies. They kept on saying nothing happened and stuff like that. I had to explain to the them that most of the action happens in the 2nd half. When i was walking out I heard a lot of girls explain to their boyfriend/friends that the book was split into two and most of the stuff happens in the second half. I'm not sure this will have good legs. 

• Like 2

The Theory of Everything is a good movie.

Eddie Redmayne's performance is holy-hell-oh-my-god-shit-your-pants good.

I really want to see it but I hear some complaints that it's really sappy and over romantic. What's your opinion? 

The Theory of Everything is a good movie.

Eddie Redmayne's performance is holy-hell-oh-my-god-shit-your-pants good.

It's a shame he's gonna be following it up with Jupiter Ascending

• Like 2

His Jupiter performance does look pretty bad in the trailer I saw this afternoon.

It looks absolutely ridiculous. Normally I'm all for this but releasing it right after an apparently terrific career-defining performance seems cruel

• Like 7